The first of 4, PRO 700'S just showed up on the stoop

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Cleaning/matching pots for this amp I just built. I installed the new Cylon boards, new power switch, new meter sensitivity switch, scrubbed the meter glass and inner panel assy. It has the NOS 700 II face plate and since the original pro 700 face is pretty beat, it was a no brainer. I do have an original pro 700 I just put up on the shelf for disposition at a later date. I don't know WHAT I am going to do with it and I don't have a lack of amps here at the Boggs casa so........

This freshly finished WOPL is going up for sale in the next couple days. Pics coming. Since I built new Cylon boards, I took Grandma and Gramps pictures out. They are cherished family pimentos..... :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Sniff, have you experimented with taking the red cellophane out of the meter windows and going with a smoked glass? Been thinking about trying that on the next one. Also considering one way mirror.
Nope, haven't tried anything like that. I wasted years dickin around trying to be different. :)

I still want to do another GreenLightSpecial 700B for my system but it will have to wait in line with the hand full of projects I want to finish in the next year or two.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I liked the green amp, matched your old truck. I noticed you said you missed it. Maybe a M1008 would work. They seem popular with the farmers around here.

I'm looking for another, it probably won't be green but it will be expensive. The prices have continued to climb. As far as the M1008, I don't want a 4wd but if I have too......

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I liked the green amp, matched your old truck. I noticed you said you missed it. Maybe a M1008 would work. They seem popular with the farmers around here.
Been looking for another truck down in the South West, there are trucks to be had. Soon as it gets nice, that's probably where I'll head to for my search.

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
The handles need paint but I can't do that till the weather gets nice but I hope to have it sold VERY soon and the new owner can paint them (or not).
That has to be the nicest 700 SII I have ever seen, and I know what's inside, and who did the work, so someone is going to get an heirloom !!!!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That is a beauty Perry !
Thanks for the compliment, I caved and took Grandma and Grandpa's pictures out of the meter holes because I didn't want to put Joe out of business. His meter boards (700B and II) are Top-Notch but who can knock granny's pic especially after she had just trimmed her beard before the pics. :)