The first of 4, PRO 700'S just showed up on the stoop

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
The first one arrived a couple minutes ago.. I'll unbox and take some pics later when it cools down. It's hot as hell right now. I've been gathering parts over the last 2 weeks and I put my first order of several into White Oak Audio Design.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
This one will definitely need a new chassis. It's bent up pretty good. Looks like I will be putting in another order with Joe. They are in pretty rough condition (the two that have showed up so far). I would normally skip obtaining amps in this rough condition unless they were the Garden Variety for WOPL'ing, but they ARE Pro 700's so my choices are limited. And I can't just replace the Face Plates so I have my work cut out for me.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Interesting ... I would assume they would have spent their lives safely mounted in racks off to the side of the stage. Road amps ... well, that's a whole different story as they were likely abused by roadies their whole lives.

Just like the Clair Brothers amps, they probably spent more time on the bench after being turned on wide open for the whole show. I can see by the original control boards that these have been worked on many times. Plus, these have MJ21195/96's in them so yeah, they been worked on a time or two. The mounting ears on the face plates show coming in and out of the rack has happened lots. Safely in racks on the side of the stage never happened to amps like this. If they got used, they got WELL used.

Last edited:

George S.

Interesting, then my Pro possibly wasn't in the same big system as yours. Do yours have the Audio Analysis faceplates?

George S.

Yup, Analysts. My face plate and handles were also pretty beat. Thought about sending them out to a artist type paint shop for touchup. But ended up getting Testors enamel from the hobby shop and mixing it to match. Turned out good enough for me. The front side of the handles and around the rack bolt reliefs were really skinned up.

Attachments