The first of 4, PRO 700'S just showed up on the stoop

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Good color!

I had to remove some trim on the door frame of the garage where the Land-Rover hibernates. Even with the right rear tire deflated, I was ripping it off all the time... so I just took it all off, primed and painted. Extra 3/4" clearance gained!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I have my 700 Pro on the bench burning in on the dim bulb (worked fine for 6+ hours). I took it off the DBT so I could get the bias dialed in, plugged her into the outlet and hit the power........

Marvin1.jpg Marvin1.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I got lucky..... No Kaboom but it didn't power up either. Check this shit out.........

I think the fuse was limiting the voltage/current. I replaced the fuse with a brand spanking new one and it came right up.

f1.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Good color!

I had to remove some trim on the door frame of the garage where the Land-Rover hibernates. Even with the right rear tire deflated, I was ripping it off all the time... so I just took it all off, primed and painted. Extra 3/4" clearance gained!
The door wont come down with the bumper hanging out. The color of my green truck is tinted bedliner. The whole truck was done in it.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Beware what you are getting when ordering fuses on the net. The Yo-Yo I bought fuses from advertised them as AGC and when I got them, they were chineeze junk fuses which are NOT 1-1/4 x 1/4.

They are mm fuses and didn't fit for shit so I used an original till my AGC's showed up. The amp gave me trouble several times on the DBT but I thought I had it figured out........ NOT!!!! A new Zero Ohm fuse was installed and it seems to be good to go.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Beware what you are getting when ordering fuses on the net. The Yo-Yo I bought fuses from advertised them as AGC and when I got them, they were chineeze junk fuses which are NOT 1-1/4 x 1/4.

They are mm fuses and didn't fit for shit so I used an original till my AGC's showed up. The amp gave me trouble several times on the DBT but I thought I had it figured out........ NOT!!!! A new Zero Ohm fuse was installed and it seems to be good to go.
i like buying my stuff from joe...i know he dont skimp....

gene french

Tagline
i was worried about bothering him for small stuff...he quickly informed me that he welcomes all orders...i have to consolidate my stuff...freight gets tough after a bit...i dont order small stuff alone...try to be considerate with joe...i am sure his plate is full....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
i was worried about bothering him for small stuff...he quickly informed me that he welcomes all orders...i have to consolidate my stuff...freight gets tough after a bit...i dont order small stuff alone...try to be considerate with joe...i am sure his plate is full....

Joe's plate is so full that he'll weigh 400lbs by the time we get done with him. :)

I used to have about everything I needed for building amps and since I'm nearing the end of my amp building, I let my stock go down and now I have to make several orders because I don't have what I need. AND, it's easy to miss some of the little stuff (fuses, DCP parts, wire etc...). As a matter of fact, I just got my parts from Joe and do you think I remembered everything??? Hell no, I shorted myself some outputs and who knows what else. But, I have enough to get the Pro 700 and the 400 WOPL done. Maybe I'll save this last Pro 700 for when I'm not busy (yeah right).

Like I said before, I got Kool Aide and no sugar, pop tarts and no barf bag, and cereal but no milk..... Oh well....

gene french

Tagline
Trust Joe??? Oh Hell yeah. I suppose when yer off the grid he makes it a lot easier for you to get a build done in a timely fashion if he can get most everything to you at one time.
maybe trust is not the correct word in this context....i believe joe has the knowledge and experience to recommend the correct part/procedure ...i guess that is synonymous with trust ...anyway....you get the drift....

gene french

Tagline
Joe's plate is so full that he'll weigh 400lbs by the time we get done with him. :)

I used to have about everything I needed for building amps and since I'm nearing the end of my amp building, I let my stock go down and now I have to make several orders because I don't have what I need. AND, it's easy to miss some of the little stuff (fuses, DCP parts, wire etc...). As a matter of fact, I just got my parts from Joe and do you think I remembered everything??? Hell no, I shorted myself some outputs and who knows what else. But, I have enough to get the Pro 700 and the 400 WOPL done. Maybe I'll save this last Pro 700 for when I'm not busy (yeah right).

Like I said before, I got Kool Aide and no sugar, pop tarts and no barf bag, and cereal but no milk..... Oh well....
he told me once that he buys parts for a lifetime supply to maintain his kits as the years pass...
he is however out of 1304s....lol
however another member helped me out!!
being where i am limits my options....i appreciate all the help i can get!!!
i am learning!!!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
he told me once that he buys parts for a lifetime supply to maintain his kits as the years pass...
he is however out of 1304s....lol
however another member helped me out!!
being where i am limits my options....i appreciate all the help i can get!!!
i am learning!!!

I dumped my parts for the original boards quite a while ago. I didn't have any fun monkeying with them. Although I still have some LED drivers and a few LED modules for the old cylon boards.