The first of 4, PRO 700'S just showed up on the stoop

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
A bit crooked there Perry
Yeah, the second one is straight though. I hope to keep a couple of them together but there is a bit of rust and some broken screws in the subpanel so we'll see. For my amp, I may attempt to keep the original Joe.

George S.

She's a bit tweeked. New chassis is a given. I was hoping to NOT have to replace all 4 chassis' on these 4 pro700's due to the rarity of them.
My chassis wasn't quite that bad. The transformer was against the heatsink like yours, but the covers were still mostly straight and flat. I made a lever press out of wood scraps and slowly worked the chassis straight by pressing down on the high chassis bends with the chassis strategically supported on wood blocks. That got the back straight, then used a adjustable crescent wrench to slowly get the waves out of the flange where the cover screws thread.
Both covers had a slight bend by that rear center screw, slow gentle tapping with a ball pean with cover on a wood block got them straight.
Same with the transformer bell.
In the 700 Pro thread I show repositioning a chassis cover screw to strengthen the chassis, keeping it away from the backplane, and filling and staking the old threaded hole.
Sunday or Monday I'll post a photo of the press I made. Just a few pieces of scrap wood. Those chassis and plates are unique and worth saving.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
My chassis wasn't quite that bad. The transformer was against the heatsink like yours, but the covers were still mostly straight and flat. I made a lever press out of wood scraps and slowly worked the chassis straight by pressing down on the high chassis bends with the chassis strategically supported on wood blocks. That got the back straight, then used a adjustable crescent wrench to slowly get the waves out of the flange where the cover screws thread.
Both covers had a slight bend by that rear center screw, slow gentle tapping with a ball pean with cover on a wood block got them straight.
Same with the transformer bell.
In the 700 Pro thread I show repositioning a chassis cover screw to strengthen the chassis, keeping it away from the backplane, and filling and staking the old threaded hole.
Sunday or Monday I'll post a photo of the press I made. Just a few pieces of scrap wood. Those chassis and plates are unique and worth saving.

That's OK, I'm NOT fixing bent up chassis'.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
2 big boxes showed up from White Oak Audio Design............... Damn mailman woke me up from a dead nap.................... OK OK, time to get to work and see what's in the boxes, then get the soldering iron heated up and get this show on the road. Thanks Joe, I always liked opening the boxes. Like friggin Christmas man. :)

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
2 big boxes showed up from White Oak Audio Design............... Damn mailman woke me up from a dead nap.................... OK OK, time to get to work and see what's in the boxes, then get the soldering iron heated up and get this show on the road. Thanks Joe, I always liked opening the boxes. Like friggin Christmas man. :)
If I knew you wanted Christmas Perry, I would have put the Christmas wrapping paper packing material in the box :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I drilled a hole in my hand with a #2 Phillips bit in my cordless, slowing me down a bit (It went ALL THE WAY THROUGH). I had to dig the guts off the bit so I could finish what I was doing AND keep the blood off the fresh wood. Blood poisoning hasn't set in yet and the fingernail broke in half. Should have went to the doc and still may have to. Fuckin barbarians they are......

Last edited: