Surviving a fire...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Life is good, right Miles! Good to see you gave it an audition before sending the system back to its owner.

Nando.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Miles, how would you go about restoring a Phase Linear heatsink that has the typical reddish discoloration? I'm doing a WOPL conversion right now and the 400's 8 finner is in pretty bad shape. You had mentioned re-coating in a heat resistant finish earlier in the thread. What did you use? Anyone else with ideas please jump in. Thanks! Fred.

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
Miles, how would you go about restoring a Phase Linear heatsink that has the typical reddish discoloration? I'm doing a WOPL conversion right now and the 400's 8 finner is in pretty bad shape. You had mentioned re-coating in a heat resistant finish earlier in the thread. What did you use? Anyone else with ideas please jump in. Thanks! Fred.
If the heatsinks are black you could use paint used for exhausts.. (cars, motorbikes, etc.)
This 600 degrees celcius resistant paint is available in spraycans and is easy to work with.

The paint I've used for this restauration was a different story... Grey Metallic.... (not easy to find, and was prepared by hand..)

Hope this will help you out a bit in this matter, but don't hesitate to ask.

fitz43

Veteran and General Yakker
If you must paint the anodized heat sinks,use flat black stove paint. You want it to radiate the heat, not trap it. Something like this:

http://www.menards.com/main/heating...g-flat-black-stove-paint/p-1705850-c-6881.htm