Surviving a fire...

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Anything electrical is mouse attractant.....a wise old electrician once told me that not only is mousepiss highly corrosive it is also highly conductive....and the smell of "dead, burnt mouse" is an unforgettable cornucopia of aromatic, olfactory orgasm.......cause that means that one will never piss in your panel again...
Bwahahhahahahahahahaaaaa!

Miracle Mile

In the meantime...

In the meantime while most of you were foolin' around in here I've got two components of this set back in perfect working order.....

:clown:

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Miles: Your buddy is going to be ecstatic when he gets all three of his Duson components back. Nice work!

Nando.

Miracle Mile

I'm still busy with the amp and waiting for some small parts that I ordered for it.

More pics. will follow.

Miracle Mile

All the cleaning and recoating jobs on the amp are finished....

Cleaning the heatsinks:

And the main parts after recoating in it's original heat resistant finish:

Still a lot of work to be done.

Last edited:

Miracle Mile

FULL GLORY!

Brought it back to full glory today!

This is how it came in last week:

And this is how it looks since today:

Dazen1

Subliminal message

Nice work Miles, but everytime I look at this thread I get the urge to grill some burgers. :mrgreen:

Miracle Mile

Nice work Miles, but everytime I look at this thread I get the urge to grill some burgers. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:... Might be Daren, but this Amp is sounding sooo g*dd*mn BEAUTIFULL!!!

Did some playtime with it in a test set-up and I'm totally blown away by it's FANTASTIC sound.

Elite-ist

Staff member
That's very impressive work, Miles, considering what everything looked like in the "before" pictures. You know, if you get any more insurance work doing electronic restorations you might get a chance to demo even more high-end gear.

Nando.

Miracle Mile

That's very impressive work, Miles, considering what everything looked like in the "before" pictures. You know, if you get any more insurance work doing electronic restorations you might get a chance to demo even more high-end gear.

Nando.
Thanks for the compliments Nando, and before the owner of this gear arrived this afternoon to have a look (and listen) to his wonderfull gear I played "Hoop Dancer" on it very loud!

(bought this complete album by Bruce Cockburn after hearing this single track on one of your excellent mixtapes, and it became one of my favourites..)

Elite-ist

Staff member
Nice to hear, Miles, as I have since bought a few albums after many mixes I've received from friends and members, here. Your buddy will be happy with what you've done to preserve his stereo system. Judging by the responses to your thread, it looks like you have our stamp of approval from the gearheads.

Nando.

Miracle Mile

Complete...

Today I found some suitable and very good (BNS Column Series, a very exclusive Dutch brand) speakers for this set and made a temporary set up again in the livingroom for a deep listening session.

Some beers and some good music went by last evening and at last I'm happy to conclude this very nice sounding set is ready to go back to it's original owner...

Mission accomplished. :thumbup: