So, here I go. Phase Linear 400

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
AND-----Fairies Wear Boots!!
If Fairies wear boots then they Die with their Boots ON ! (that is if they are gonna die) This thing is kicking ! You did it ! I have not taken it above one or two watts and it sounds great to me. Big Thanks ! I will check back in soon. And yes, Black Sabbath Black Sabbath was the first real metal I ever heard...Its playing now....War Pigs.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Me too. 'Paranoid' On 8 track. In my little Sunbeam IMP, with large speaker cabinets taking up the whole back seat!
Kind of like....Now I'm going a hundred and ten as fast as I can go. Beep beep .....Beep beep.

This was a great thread. Thanks for the 'learnin' session !!

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Me too. 'Paranoid' On 8 track. In my little Sunbeam IMP, with large speaker cabinets taking up the whole back seat!
Kind of like....Now I'm going a hundred and ten as fast as I can go. Beep beep .....Beep beep.

This was a great thread. Thanks for the 'learnin' session !!
8 track was the thing while I was in high school as well. I was one of the first kids to have a cassette deck. Audiovox I think, cant remember for sure. Two PA horns and two co ax in the back panels of the 1974 Nova. Those were the days. Before I found, yes found the Black Sabbath cassette on the ground at a traffic light (looked out the window and there it was) I was listening to Van Halen, AC/DC Hank Williams Jr. Still like listening to them all.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
You're ok for more than a watt or two, kick it up to 50.......still got the DC protect in there??

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
So glad >You Guys< got it up and running is more like it. Oh yes. Hooked that DC protect right back up. Got it on my workshop 901's. I will kick it up a bit tomorrow. No crappy, I have never had this thing running more than about 40 50 watts. Too damn loud.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I'm still rocking my 901's on the cool stands that I bought in 1973. I usually don't admit it on an audio forum! Sure would not on AK! They seem to be a joke to most folks.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
i USED TO HANG MINE FROM THE CEILING and had a pair of Magnavox boxes that had a 15" woof and a 12 inch horn. Had a Magnavox receiver drive the boxes and the Spec 2 on the 901's.....it got loud. I then sold the 90's and bought some Ohm Model F's.....destroyed those, mailed em back and got a brand new set because they were originally shipped with a 5 amp fuse instead of a 4. Sold those, bought some Klipsch Kornerhorns, sold those and went without speaks for a bit, new dad and broke. Then bought plans for Speakerlab Model K's and built a set in my Bud's basement. That was 25 years ago. Still have em. Upgraded drivers 6 years ago, and just upgraded crossovers for the second time......

The along came White Oak....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I'm still rocking my 901's on the cool stands that I bought in 1973. I usually don't admit it on an audio forum! Sure would not on AK! They seem to be a joke to most folks.

901's rock dude, and they will soak up some wattage...

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Say what they will but yes, they will rock the house. Mine are beat to shit. Series 1 1972 I think. Series II EQ with new lytics. This amp will (I hope) mate with a pair of original AR 3's. Of course gotta try it with the SDA-SRS 2's first. Oh yes !

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
That should drive any of them.....need to White Oak that bugger or hold out for a 700, then White Oak that...

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I ain't gonna lie. Every since I hit this site and started reading the ole mouth has begun to slobber for a 700 to save up for WOPLin.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
700B, Series II, same amp, they are all the same after White Oaking, your just looking for a transformer and meters...Joe makes Series II meters, faceplates, heatsinks, Chassis, LED light boards.....

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
She has been up and running for hours now at 35-40 watts. Cookin with grease ! OPT are cool. Very little heat. It runs just like it did before I attacked it. I do have a question of course. Should I leave the PL 909 transistors in or buy all new. If so I want to make sure I buy the right ones. MJ15024 or MJ21195/MJ21196 ? Those numbers I found as suggestions on the web. I have enough MJ15024's to do 12 top OPT (they are used). Just asking. If I do not need to change them I would be very happy.