Skynyrd77's Thank Godamighty , Finally My Own WOPL Build Thread!!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
This is a stock 700 Joe....
Well remember Lee that the negative supply to the front end differential amp reduces directly in proportion to the roll off of your supply rails as you load it up.

The WO board regulates both the + and - front end supplies at 20V so you do not get that roll off. This is having some affect on what you can ultimately achieve. But you are operating right on the cusp of the SOA protection coming into play.

Skynyrd77

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
lost in my own world
Well remember Lee that the negative supply to the front end differential amp reduces directly in proportion to the roll off of your supply rails as you load it up.

The WO board regulates both the + and - front end supplies at 20V so you do not get that roll off. This is having some affect on what you can ultimately achieve. But you are operating right on the cusp of the SOA protection coming into play.
Does this translate to be careful ??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Remember kids, don't try this at home...

That's right, we are trained , irresponsible professionals...

Ok Joe. O have channel 2 in DC coupling mode with 10X probe attenuation, channel 1 in AC mode, the Fluke 179 on the Dc rails, the Craftsman on the AC mains, what am I looking for on channel 2??

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

That's right, we are trained , irresponsible professionals...

Ok Joe. O have channel 2 in DC coupling mode with 10X probe attenuation, channel 1 in AC mode, the Fluke 179 on the Dc rails, the Craftsman on the AC mains, what am I looking for on channel 2??
Look for nearly instantaneous sag in the rail voltage near the peak of the positive half signal when you are nearing clipping.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I start clipping at 387, rail voltage down to 81.7, mains voltage 118.00, DC line on channel 2 exhibits some breakup from a smooth line.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yep....But it is doing what it can.....

The mains is holding up well, good sign for the rack power supply, don't take long to warm that puppy up....

Joe, is there any way to monitor channel 2 and get better resolution to see the breakup better?