Record Store Day 2015 Wishlist

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Ben: Wow, the Metallica cassette is more intriguing to me than the record. That has nostalgia all over it. Once I check the store after work, today, I will find out if any copies of the tape were brought in.

Nando.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm not sure, but I think the Built To Spill release was specific to Boise (they came from Boise) and even if The Record Exchange IS open until 9 pm it's not happening for MOI.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
We saw that!
It was tempting ...

Who's heading out today? I will be heading down to Bluestreak at some point. I was there last night as he was closing, to set up some scaffold that I borrowed. They are having bands down there today and the store has limited floor space but high ceilings. So he wanted them off the ground. Should be petty cool. For my troubles I was given the No Life Till Leather cassette.

This No Life tape is definitely the best sounding release of this, at least until the vinyl comes. All other bootleg versions I had come across online over the years, seemed to be copies of copies. Quality was pretty sad on these up till this release. Last night I sat and listened to it, while watching Montreal take game 2 against the Senators, and having a couple beer.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Mini-me picked up the 'Spill LP locally.
It came with a CD as a bonus, just like the Joan Jett I snagged.

I'm not sure, but I think the Built To Spill release was specific to Boise (they came from Boise) and even if The Record Exchange IS open until 9 pm it's not happening for MOI.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm glad you got yours, because I like BTS. Enjoy the album!

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Hey Tony, did you notice the price on those tallica tapes?

Which Joan Jett came out this year? Could you post a pic for a brother? Last years RSD release by her is still on the shelf down at my shop. I should pick it up one of these days.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Small store and stupid crazy packed.
I think my son saw the price through the pressed-in masses; I'm going to say it was like $12 or $14.

The Jett is called 'Flashback'.
I'll post up a photo of my RSD take when I get a few ...

Hey Tony, did you notice the price on those tallica tapes?

Which Joan Jett came out this year? Could you post a pic for a brother? Last years RSD release by her is still on the shelf down at my shop. I should pick it up one of these days.

Jimmy

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Talked with my LRS and sadly, they didn't order any of the records I was interested in this year. If you come happen across these, could you let me know:

Miles Davis boxed set Vol. 2
Frank OST
Walking Dead Season 2 OST

RSD 2015 Poster

Thank ya.
30 minutes ago I was in my favorite record store picking up a CAN record. I saw the Miles Davis boxset. It was around $75.00. I can grab it for you this weekend if you still want it.

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Wasn't able to carry anything home on RSD, but I did breakdown and order the Miles Davis 10" box off Ebay. Just got it last night and that is a really great set. The pressing is great, the artwork and packaging superb. They hit this one out of the park by my estimation.

By the way, for anyone looking, Amazon Canada has a great price on volume 1 right now, just under $70 Canadian with free domestic shipping. Even with the shipping charges to the US at this price with the exchange rate, still a good deal if you plan on picking up a copy:

http://www.amazon.ca/Prestige-10-inch-Vinyl-Collection-Vol-1/dp/B00ODNKHG2/

Nick Danger

30 minutes ago I was in my favorite record store picking up a CAN record. I saw the Miles Davis boxset. It was around $75.00. I can grab it for you this weekend if you still want it.
Thanks for the head's up Jimmy! Managed to score a copy of the Miles V2 as well as my Frank OST. Best score was my friend showing up a few days ago with a copy of the RSD 2015 poster. He had no idea that I was looking for one and just thought it would look cool in the Dungeon(Cheers, Pablo).