QSC MX3000a question

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
The sub cabinets are larger volume wise than is specified for these drivers. About 3 cube too large. This is limiting the mechanical power handling of the drivers. If the amps are pushed up hard it’s possible to bottom the voice coil even with a steep high pass filter @35hz. I try to stay away from that but I have heard it a couple times when cranking it up. I may look at modifying the cabinets AGAIN or simply build new ones... otherwise working well, the crossovers seem to like each cabinet having its own amp rather than running one amp stereo and pushing the clip lights. The fuses don’t light up as before. I’ve given her a good work out last two nights! I need more power in the shop though. I have to turn the heat off or it blows the double 30a breaker in the house. The big amps are split up in the breaker box, one on red and one on black too.

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
What's with the knob in the middle?? Power on/off?
Yeah, some jack arse put that in there. The rotary switch turned in the face place and shorted 120v to the VU meter. That switch is disconnected now, the knob is covering the hole... she’s got some battle scars but still trucks along!