Preamp Kits- Crap or possible gems?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Lee, does anybody have directions and parts for upgrading an RL-11? I bought one last night and it is very nice. A little pricey at $440 but not too bad. Has the remote too. I'd like to try the upgrade myself but if I have to I can send it off.

I can't see where it needs much of anything right now. As well as mine tested, and as good as it sounds, or I should say DOESN'T sound, I'm good.....wasn't aware of the upgrades anyway...

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
In conversations with Kevin, I wanted to live with my RL11 for a while before I sent it to anyone for any modifications/upgrades. I've only had it a few months and love it!!

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
You sound skeptical Sir Fish!!!
Skeptical only because that's the only highlight he has for a sales pitch.....sounds like a flipper to me. No matter because it's an Acurus but if someone actually opened it up to mod I would point out other features that would make a difference (or attempt to).

Have to agree with you though Lee - sounds great without mods....why bother.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I'm sure Joe could enlighten us on anything worth doing to it. I still haven't found a service manual....

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
That's for sure - look at the pricing of used equipment on craigslist or ebay. Gear was selling for a lot less 5 years ago. Acurus' were selling between $200-300 then - now we're seeing $400-500 from flippers jumping on the bandwagon. I had to ask the seller of an LS-11 who he sold it to (i was next in line) because as soon as he told me it sold an ebay add went up using the same wording he used in his add and selling at $100 more. We determined not in the same area he sold to but it was pretty strange.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Nothing strange about it. I'm sure the flippers watch forums to get the skinny on the next big thing or what is trending up. And of course ebay has a lot of seller tools that help you set the price.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Nothing strange about it. I'm sure the flippers watch forums to get the skinny on the next big thing or what is trending up. And of course ebay has a lot of seller tools that help you set the price.
Flippin flippers !

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Keep telling the wife I'm buying (cheap) to flip it....haven't sold a damn thing yet.....

Had to use a different approach last weekend when I picked up a Pioneer DVR 7000 for $5. Told her that it would be worth the $5. just to plug it in and see it blow up (great entertainment for $5)...it didn't though, putting it into the system tonite.