Power Supply??

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Gotcha.. ok, so the memory test is I THINK windows 7 and vista / above. XP does not have one, although I coulda sworn.. :scratch:

If you have a USB drive handy, you can go here and download memtest86 - fairly decent memory tester. Page has links to the free version download, plus online help.

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
MS is still pushing win10 but they probably went sbout it all wrong. I think the latest firgures show win 10 with 23% share and win 7 with 47% share. Now that they want to charge for it, I'll bet the adoption rate drastically drops.
The howling is all about their new webmail now. Unfortunately, Steve Ballmer is starting to look a lot better than he might have been and the world has become fed up with itself as much as all of these changes.

Double whammy.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
On Thunderbird e-mail how do group e-mails by sender??
View | Sort by | Grouped By Sort

You gots to have the menu bar turned on. Right click on the top color band of T-bird and select it if you haven't already.

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
This should come as good news Lee ...

and anyone else sticking with their pre-Win 10 OSes.

[h=1]Microsoft removes Windows 10 upgrade ads from Windows 7 and 8.1[/h]
Microsoft has released an update for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that will please users who've decided to stick with an older operating system. KB3184143, as spotted by ZDNet, removes the Get Windows 10 app and all other software related to Windows 10 upgrades.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
So I tried starting the XP machine and after a couple tries I b hit F10, system recovery and got the following screen, I the hit enter and got the "start windows normally?" Screen and away it went...WTF???

Attachments

BlazeES

Tagline
---
So I tried starting the XP machine and after a couple tries I b hit F10, system recovery and got the following screen, I the hit enter and got the "start windows normally?" Screen and away it went...WTF???

Dude ... it's dying and unpredictable. Let it go man ... let it go and put it out of it's misery. :tard:

Actually, don't turn it off again and get at those templates and whatever else you want to grab off of it while it's still breathing.
A USB thumb drive should do.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

Damn I am seeing double :)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Ok, that's funny shit guys.....I know Tony, I am not stopping the integration of the Win 7 machine. I was idly messing with the XP and decided to click something I hadn't before, totally irresistible, considering the circumstances...it only appears unstable during boot up, when Windows is going it seem fine. Quite a difference in loading pages or streaming content......no buffering a linked video!!!! WOW!!!!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Ok, that's funny shit guys.....I know Tony, I am not stopping the integration of the Win 7 machine. I was idly messing with the XP and decided to click something I hadn't before, totally irresistible, considering the circumstances...it only appears unstable during boot up, when Windows is going it seem fine. Quite a difference in loading pages or streaming content......no buffering a linked video!!!! WOW!!!!
Time to take that old XP machine up to Rob's target range and use some of his 375HH on
it for target practice. Old digital is just old digital.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I'm loyal to a fault Joe......but yeah, I'm getting the Win 7 ready. The only reason I tried the XP again is so I could finish my JIB's I fell behind on while fishing...