Tagline
---

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it

mlucitt

REALLY?????? Charge the buyer and have them sent to him, or let him do the ordering. Parts is Parts Mark, ya can't rely on bumming parts forever.....
Have you ever been to the Dominican Republic? Everything there is nasty, regardless of price.
Not looking to bum parts, I even asked for a source. And I said I would pay. I have given more parts to people on this board than anyone.
George had a good idea, but the PL buttons (.510" square and .225" thick) must fit through the Faceplate and the size is unlike anything on the Mouser datasheets.

Perry if you have the parts to sell or a good source for them, let me know. Otherwise, get back to work.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Have you ever been to the Dominican Republic? Everything there is nasty, regardless of price.
Not looking to bum parts, I even asked for a source. And I said I would pay. I have given more parts to people on this board than anyone.
George had a good idea, but the PL buttons (.510" square and .225" thick) must fit through the Faceplate and the size is unlike anything on the Mouser datasheets.

Perry if you have the parts to sell or a good source for them, let me know. Otherwise, get back to work.

Mark, we have been trying to find replacement buttons for years and it aint been done that I know of. Who gives a shit where the buttons come from. Soap and water will clean them perfectly. Even us dummies know that we have the same germs/virus' here as they do in the Caribbean. Quit being a pussy. Besides, half of those part down in DR probably came from me. OR, you could buy a parts unit and put it through you dishwasher so you don't get infected. OR, you can tell your customer to go buy some. If it showed up missing parts, especially ones we have no source for (Unobtanium), what are ya gonna do????

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Mark, we have been trying to find replacement buttons for years and it aint been done that I know of. Who gives a shit where the buttons come from. Soap and water will clean them perfectly. Even us dummies know that we have the same germs/virus' here as they do in the Caribbean. Quit being a pussy. Besides, half of those part down in DR probably came from me. OR, you could buy a parts unit and put it through you dishwasher so you don't get infected. OR, you can tell your customer to go buy some. If it showed up missing parts, especially ones we have no source for (Unobtanium), what are ya gonna do????
I don't know how complex it is to manufacture something like those caps, but with all this 3D scanner and printing technology, has anybody given any thought to homebrew these caps? I have seen some very intricate reproductions of car brackets and such that are NLA, as it seems these pieces are. You could even drill the hole for the switch plunger if printing a hole is not an option, but the rest of the cap should be printable....and might be able to do it in the correct color. I don't have any experience with this technology, however.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I don't know how complex it is to manufacture something like those caps, but with all this 3D scanner and printing technology, has anybody given any thought to homebrew these caps? I have seen some very intricate reproductions of car brackets and such that are NLA, as it seems these pieces are. You could even drill the hole for the switch plunger if printing a hole is not an option, but the rest of the cap should be printable....and might be able to do it in the correct color. I don't have any experience with this technology, however.

Can you drill a square hole where the button goes onto the shaft? Cool.......

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I bought a bunch of different sizes and although they fit on the switch, the head size did not fit the holes in the amps/pre's. If you go buy a Carver or PL 4000, you'll be set for buttons for a couple years.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I bought a bunch of different sizes and although they fit on the switch, the head size did not fit the holes in the amps/pre's. If you go buy a Carver or PL 4000, you'll be set for buttons for a couple years.
I would probably end up rebuilding the 4000 and still be at a loss for caps !