PL Series II Push Button Switch Caps

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Anybody have a pair of the square silver buttons as used in the PL400 or PL700 Series II amplifiers for the Power or Display switches.?
I have a customer's amp that is missing them. I will pay profusely and promptly.

Maybe a source for a look alike?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Anybody have a pair of the square silver buttons as used in the PL400 or PL700 Series II amplifiers for the Power or Display switches.?
I have a customer's amp that is missing them. I will pay profusely and promptly.

Maybe a source for a look alike?
I had an old beat up 4000 and used those after a cleaning and -painting

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I am not buying anything from the Dominican Republic. Those parts would be covered with AIDS.
REALLY?????? Charge the buyer and have them sent to him, or let him do the ordering. Parts is Parts Mark, ya can't rely on bumming parts forever.....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Mark L., Here's a link to the 6 amp 700 S2 power switch made by C+K and still available on Mouser. Down load the data sheet for the switch and you'll see a wide variety of button caps available. Perhaps you'll find appropriate ones there.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK/NE1839EE?qs=U2%2BV/zDE79GIQgtl4FQ0uQ==
Did you try to use one of these switches? I think this is the same one which didn't work for me. Don't remember but the detent mechanism and the mount holes were not compatible. The rod in the detent by the spring sticks up pretty high

George S.

Nope, held them side by side, looked very similar, looked identical. I should take time and try installing one in the Pro. No mount holes on these unless your talking circuit board holes. The PL1000 S2 uses one of these switches soldered to the board on isolated pads, purely for mounting. Uses the switch at very rear for power. I have a extra board that I held the switch up to, and it looked right on.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Nope, held them side by side, looked very similar, looked identical. I should take time and try installing one in the Pro. No mount holes on these unless your talking circuit board holes. The PL1000 S2 uses one of these switches soldered to the board on isolated pads, purely for mounting. Uses the switch at very rear for power. I have a extra board that I held the switch up to, and it looked right on.
Not wanting to "Rig" stuff myself, it won't mount like the original which uses the L-bracket which is mounted to the front panel. The switch is kinda flimsy plastic too. I tossed one, I'll look again since I have a stack of II's to build but pretty sure I just checked it when I did the last 2.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

Yup, they will not fit in the original config. I tried and for an extra $7, the original style is a time and effort saver.

SW.jpg

George S.

I see what your saying. Thanks. Going to look at it this weekend. The reach issue is a deal breaker.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
There are other options too. I get these off Mouser and by scribing a line across the L-bracket and drilling and tapping2 holes, they work awesome. Same reach etc.... And, file a small groove where the detent spring is. Took me 15 minutes to fab

We have a thread somewhere on this.

View attachment 71720 View attachment 71721
This is the best setup . Good 10 amp switch not under rated one that was in there. I do all mine this way