PL 700 Caps - Group Buy

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hi Nav, I need 6 not 4. Is the order in yet?

Given the lead time it is worth buffering a few more.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Hey let's pull this after the year's out, eh? Holidays.. and dadgum spending.. :help:
I was thinking that myself Jer. I'll look into this the second week of January to get final costs.

Here's the tentative list:

Gepetto: Six
laatsch55: Ten
jbeckva: Four
premiumplus: Four
BMWR75: Two
NavLinear: Two
fitz43: Two
Rex Everything: ?

This gives us a total of 30 so far. Did I miss anyone?

For all members: if you are interested in purchasing these capacitors please post here. The final tally will be taken mid-January and the purchase placed shortly thereafter.

Last edited:

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
I was thinking that myself Jer. I'll look into this the second week of January to get final costs.

Here's the tentative list:

Gepetto: Six
laatsch55: Ten
jbeckva: Four
premiumplus: Two maybe Four
BMWR75: Two
NavLinear: Four
fitz43: Two
Rex Everything: ?

This gives us a total of 30 so far. Did I miss anyone?

For all members: if you are interested in purchasing these capacitors please post here. The final tally will be taken mid-January and the purchase placed shortly thereafter.
So Nav, will you PM when you're ready, or should we just keep our eyes on this thread?
Thanks for doing this. Quantity pricing ROCKS...

NavLinear

So Nav, will you PM when you're ready, or should we just keep our eyes on this thread?
Thanks for doing this. Quantity pricing ROCKS...
I'll PM those that have responded for mailing addresses, PayPal info and any other information needed and we should some bump this thread every couple of days to let others know about the group buy.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ed and Dean used to halfzies on 100 lots of 18,000uf/80 volt caps, the very same ones I've been putting in lately. CDE and just very nice caps.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I liked your other avvie better Joe, don't know if it was your shit eatin grin, or Figaro intent on something on the bench...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Nav, with your avvies a guycan't help it!!

Joe, I certainly didn't mean for you to change it, but it is cooler. If you had something planned like going through your whole Gepetto paraphenalia, don't let my little obsession stop ya...

NavLinear

Have you pulled the trigger on the order Nav?
Not yet. It's looking like mid January before the order goes in. I'll get in contact with DK the week of the 6th and place the order the following week.

I'm not sure what to ask for shipping yet as the caps won't fit in the small USPS flat rate box. I have small shipping boxes and access to bubble wrap but my guess is five to ten dollars per CONUS shipment. Any inputs regarding shipping?

I use PayPal when ordering online but have never used it to accept funds. It seems that there is a fee associated with receiving funds unless the money is gifted. The fee is than paid by the sender. PayPal has this one figured out don't they.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Not yet. It's looking like mid January before the order goes in. I'll get in contact with DK the week of the 6th and place the order the following week.

I'm not sure what to ask for shipping yet as the caps won't fit in the small USPS flat rate box. I have small shipping boxes and access to bubble wrap but my guess is five to ten dollars per CONUS shipment. Any inputs regarding shipping?

I use PayPal when ordering online but have never used it to accept funds. It seems that there is a fee associated with receiving funds unless the money is gifted. The fee is than paid by the sender. PayPal has this one figured out don't they.
Hi Dennis
They will fit fine standing up in the medium flat rate box. That should be your shipping venue. Approx 11.50 per box.

PayPal will add $0.30 plus 2.90% to the cost of these. So if a cap costs $28.50 then you should be charging $1.12 more for each cap plus $11.50 for the USPS shipment. You can get 12 caps per medium flat rate box.