PL 700 Caps - Group Buy

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Add 12 for me. Where do we stand for a qty break? FYI, we buy direct from Kemet at work. I looked at their product line at 160V and it appears that everything close to what we need is 3" diameter. If someone want to double check this I can likely get very attractive pricing from them.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
FYI - order is in and the capacitors should be in by early April. This is the final tally:

Gepetto: Ten
laatsch55: Ten
jbeckva: Four
premiumplus: Four
BMWR75: Two
NavLinear: Two
fitz43: Two
RainDog911: Two
Phase Linear Phanatic: Four
Wattsabundent: Twelve

The cost will be approximately $30.00 per cap plus approximately $11.50 shipping. When the order arrives I'll provide final figures and PM everyone to get mailing addresses and provide PayPal information.

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
FYI - order is in and the capacitors should be in by early April. This is the final tally:

Gepetto: Ten
laatsch55: Ten
jbeckva: Four
premiumplus: Four
BMWR75: Two
NavLinear: Two
fitz43: Two
RainDog911: Two
Phase Linear Phanatic: Four
Wattsabundent: Twelve

The cost will be approximately $30.00 per cap plus approximately $11.50 shipping. When the order arrives I'll provide final figures and PM everyone to get mailing addresses and provide PayPal information.
Thanks, Nav, this is really appreciated. I am anxious to get these installed...two days ago my right channel subwoofer started distorting like hell, and it turned out to be a blown 5 amp fuse. Initially I was concerned that one of the big caps had let go, because they're so old and everything has in the amp has been rebuilt. But it was just a supply fuse that opened up. I had stressed them during a high power current sharing test. I ran the amp up to clipping (one channel driven) and I was getting around 440 watts rms at 200 Hz. Pretty impressive...WOPL forever!!!

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I have a few extra of these capacitors available at 30 bux each plus USPS flat rate shipping. That is now $13.45 for Medium Flat Rate and I can squeeze 10 of these with small footprint bubble wrap to protect them from all but a big hit during shipping. PM me if interested.

Last edited: