Phase Linear 700B series II meter issues

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I have not yet had a chance to open it up, when I do I'll try to post some pic's of the inside. Get some voltage readings.
One more thing with it is, a after turning it off, there is a thump through the speakers about 10 seconds after, and another about 4 second's after that, then is quiet.
Turn Off Thumps are common till rebuilt, or upgraded. The manual tells you where to look have you read the manual yet??? You need to.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Section 5-8 tells you about the display and where to start troubleshooting. (In the 700 Series II manual, Not the 700B Series II manual)

eykensf

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hi, You have 2 boards for the LED VU (PL 37 DISPLAY A and B) : one for left (B)and one for right (A). The right board is (has) the power supply for the 2 LED VU (there is 12 VAC coming from the big transformer) and on that board there are 4 diodes and one electrolytic capacitor (DISPLAY A). I think one or more diodes on that board are broken or the capacitor is broken. The two PL 37 boards are acting the same, so that is a power supply issue on the LED board : diodes are 1N4004 and capacitor is a axial electrolytic 470 uF/25V. Greetz, Flip

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I'm a meter freak, while yours is not acting properly, I like how it moves it's pretty cool, you only need to watch your levels depending your speakers.
I hate the meters on my big SAE, then they put out the even bigger 2hp all the info you need ! Puts MacIntosh big blues in the shade ;)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I'm a meter freak, while yours is not acting properly, I like how it moves it's pretty cool, you only need to watch your levels depending your speakers.
I hate the meters on my big SAE, then they put out the even bigger 2hp all the info you need ! Puts MacIntosh big blues in the shade ;)
Mac builds some big amps, you looked lately?