Phase Linear 700B series II meter issues

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
My PL 700B II has meter issues. The meter lights dance around with multiple lights, sometimes not moving at all.
Don't know what is causing this. There is no Cylon appearance at all. The amp plays fine other than the meters acting funny.

Attachments

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
The meters Joe carries (White Oak Audio) are the cat's meow.... Great time to be gathering parts for repairs /upgrades

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I can't let it go on any longer....there is not a 700B Ser II...I know, I'm bein a little bitch..

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I have some 700 series ll with B labels on the end bell.
The good thing is they are steel end bells and much more durable that the zinc die cast they used after they exhausted the leftovers from the B series.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Looking at the labels on the transformer, did you look at how they have it wired inside on the terminal board by the caps? You never know..... If they had at one time, changed the wiring on the tabs to 220vac, they might have dorked something up swapping it back and forth.... Maybe a solder splash on the meter voltage tabs or???? I have seen some crazy wiring on these things. Check the voltage on the meter tabs on the same terminal board above the bulk caps and go from there.

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
Looking at the labels on the transformer, did you look at how they have it wired inside on the terminal board by the caps? You never know..... If they had at one time, changed the wiring on the tabs to 220vac, they might have dorked something up swapping it back and forth.... Maybe a solder splash on the meter voltage tabs or???? I have seen some crazy wiring on these things. Check the voltage on the meter tabs on the same terminal board above the bulk caps and go from there.

I have not yet had a chance to open it up, when I do I'll try to post some pic's of the inside. Get some voltage readings.
One more thing with it is, a after turning it off, there is a thump through the speakers about 10 seconds after, and another about 4 second's after that, then is quiet.