phase linear 400

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
So put in a complaint on the guy and get your money back. Just don't LUBE them before you verify they worked otherwise he'll say no since you opened it up and dicked with them.

What model are they?? Jewell, or???

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
So, when you remove the face of the meter, you are now INSIDE it. On the back of the meter, they are sealed so I don't know what you were "Lubing" from the back. Ya can't get there from here.
in the front the face has been removed as seen in front pic....the two screws securing the mechanism on the back of the meter were missing...when i removed the faceplate the mechanism is fully exposed and accessablr

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Put in a saved search for the brand meters you are looking for and try to find a pair. They don't come up often so good luck. To all the guys out there doing work on their amps. Stay out of the meters. They are buit by real tech's under a microscope and you WILL, most likely FTU

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Lubing a jeweled pivot like that, is like lubing a watch. A drop is about eight times the volume needed.

We use oilers, which are basically fine wire with a "spoon" shape a few thousandths wide on the end. Different sizes depending on which pivot is getting which oil (and there are usually about six different lubricants used in a mechanical watch).

You can get some CRC "Brakleen" (Chlorinated solvent) and clean the points and wells completely.

gene french

Tagline
You have what is called "Return" the amp and quit buying junk
i paid 90 freight from miami to here....not counting nonrefundable freight....so another 90 to get it back...and i paid less than 200 for it...
i will keep it and make do....every problem has a solution...

gene french

Tagline
Lubing a jeweled pivot like that, is like lubing a watch. A drop is about eight times the volume needed.

We use oilers, which are basically fine wire with a "spoon" shape a few thousandths wide on the end. Different sizes depending on which pivot is getting which oil (and there are usually about six different lubricants used in a mechanical watch).

You can get some CRC "Brakleen" (Chlorinated solvent) and clean the points and wells completely.
thats exactly what i thought about...a watch..
you are the one i thought of with the ability to fix it...
if its possible...

gene french

Tagline
You have what is called "Return" the amp and quit buying junk
joe seemed to think the 700b with a broken meter was beautiful and a good buy at 375....
i think what i got for 200 is a good bargain...and will run just fine without meters....one day i will stumble on some...
not the end of the world...nor the end of the trail....
just the beginning of another adventure!!!!
thanks to all....for contributing...
thanks to you mr. sniff for the personal attention...

MusicSteve

Journeyman
Tagline
Always Thinking Outside The Box.
joe seemed to think the 700b with a broken meter was beautiful and a good buy at 375....
i think what i got for 200 is a good bargain...and will run just fine without meters....one day i will stumble on some...
not the end of the world...nor the end of the trail....
just the beginning of another adventure!!!!
thanks to all....for contributing...
thanks to you mr. sniff for the personal attention...
Just a thought , Can you add a 400II display meters from Joe ? and make the rest of it? might be a fun project. and since you have some already a spare not a bad thing.
I will buy broken but it has to have all the parts and the front has to look good and be a 400 II or 700II

gene french

Tagline
Just a thought , Can you add a 400II display meters from Joe ? and make the rest of it? might be a fun project. and since you have some already a spare not a bad thing.
I will buy broken but it has to have all the parts and the front has to look good and be a 400 II or 700II
good question....maybe joe can answer...
thanks...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

You want to put Cylon meters in the 400 that has analog meters????? The transformer is set up at different voltages, they are different sizes and will look stupid.

MusicSteve

Journeyman
Tagline
Always Thinking Outside The Box.
good question....maybe joe can answer...
thanks...
a list parts list so far
1-Cylon meters
2-Stepdown transformer (easy to do , would have to research it)
3-Make new mounting panel (Save your old one) could be wood to start w or aluminum later or even plexiglass
4-Front cover Aluminum or something else
5-