phase linear 400

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Gene, that stainless drills and taps nicely with a good drill press, machinists vice, sharp bits and cutting oil. Maybe your local mechanic can do it for you. Not good to have undersized diameter bolts in those holes. Anyhow, looks very good.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Gene, that stainless drills and taps nicely with a good drill press, machinists vice, sharp bits and cutting oil. Maybe your local mechanic can do it for you. Not good to have undersized diameter bolts in those holes. Anyhow, looks very good.
yes...i gave away my drill press...lol

gene french

Tagline
She lives alone at 96?
a grandson lives with her...but her children really care for her...everyone has offered to take her into their home, including me ..nope...she refuses ..wont leave her home....she has 12 kids...one died long ago...really a super family...

gene french

Tagline
i am very pleased....i added the other cooling fins to my original 4 fin ..looks nice...installed all handles...drilled for meter switches...rearranged all amps....all are performing beautifully....i am only waiting on the switches for the meters...and this stage is complete...my mdf arrived...will start a set of voigt pipes....i am sure this is a mistake...but, i always wanted a set...later i will put the cambridge audio axr 100 in the master bedroom and build a set of speakers for our room...i owe all of this to the support i found at phoenix!!!
thanks for helping me...

Attachments

George S.

Gene, been thinking about the Voigt Pipes, but haven't done any reading. They're very large, right? Well, that's a strike against them by the retail marketplace. Too damn big to stock or place in the showroom and who's got the room at home for these and The Wife Approval Factor. Let's stick with monkey coffins, easier to ship, stock, and sell.
The Pipes might just be wonderful speakers. Keep us updated.

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
i am very pleased....i added the other cooling fins to my original 4 fin ..looks nice...installed all handles...drilled for meter switches...rearranged all amps....all are performing beautifully....i am only waiting on the switches for the meters...and this stage is complete...my mdf arrived...will start a set of voigt pipes....i am sure this is a mistake...but, i always wanted a set...later i will put the cambridge audio axr 100 in the master bedroom and build a set of speakers for our room...i owe all of this to the support i found at phoenix!!!
thanks for helping me...
Morning Gene,

You have to watch this video if you are contemplating the Voigt pipes ...

It's pretty long but this guy is all over it

Impressive....

M

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Morning Gene,

You have to watch this video if you are contemplating the Voigt pipes ...

It's pretty long but this guy is all over it

Impressive....

M
To me, this is like tuned headers/extractor exhausts on engines. They only really work optimally at a certain RPM (wavelength)

gene french

Tagline
Gene, been thinking about the Voigt Pipes, but haven't done any reading. They're very large, right? Well, that's a strike against them by the retail marketplace. Too damn big to stock or place in the showroom and who's got the room at home for these and The Wife Approval Factor. Let's stick with monkey coffins, easier to ship, stock, and sell.
The Pipes might just be wonderful speakers. Keep us updated.
yes sir!!!
i have the room...
always fascinated with them...
simplicity...
if i dont like them i will just rob the drivers for another project and use the cabinets in the outdoor wood stove...lol