phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Morning Gene,

You have to watch this video if you are contemplating the Voigt pipes ...

It's pretty long but this guy is all over it

Impressive....

M
have watched these over and over...lol
plus numerous others...that guy is sold on them!!!
please dont forget they will have their own pl400 sitting right next to my big woofers...i just want the feeling of a room full of sound...kinda like the grateful deads wall of sound...i am amazed at the design done in the 30s...

gene french

Tagline
To me, this is like tuned headers/extractor exhausts on engines. They only really work optimally at a certain RPM (wavelength)
i will probably not be pleased...lol
but, it wont be my first nor hopefully my last mistake!!!
lol
good morning guys!!!

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I built Zigmahornets a few years back, I absolutely hated them. I even tried several different Fostex and Tang Band drivers in 'em. Maybe if I had used a baffle step compensation circuit or something. I still have the enclosures so maybe I can revisit them sometime.

gene french

Tagline
I built Zigmahornets a few years back, I absolutely hated them. I even tried several different Fostex and Tang Band drivers in 'em. Maybe if I had used a baffle step compensation circuit or something. I still have the enclosures so maybe I can revisit them sometime.
i am fairly certain that i will follow suit...
driver specs sa 40 to 20k ...i dont really know what to expect...we shall see

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics

gene french

Tagline
woe is me...after installing the meter sensitivity switch in the wopl....i must have missed that small line of unused solder evidently laying on the back of the face panel....i installed the front panel and when i powered up...i now have dc on the left side...
removing the outputs....3 or 4 were bad on the left side...i saw a little mark on the backplane...
i just ordered more from joe...all will be ok...

Tagline
Always Thinking Outside The Box.
woe is me...after installing the meter sensitivity switch in the wopl....i must have missed that small line of unused solder evidently laying on the back of the face panel....i installed the front panel and when i powered up...i now have dc on the left side...
removing the outputs....3 or 4 were bad on the left side...i saw a little mark on the backplane...
i just ordered more from joe...all will be ok...
I done that to Gene and it sucks! The solder can fall anywhere, Now I look and look and even brush it out w a toothbrush.