Phase Linear 400 weal channel

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Cute but my 65 Hemi Coronet with the 512 Hemi was the shit.... Over 700HP at the rear, without the NO2
The Hellcats with very minor mods are flat 10 second cars, no NO2 needed. I could not imagine how fast they would be with a 150-200lb NO2 system :headbang:

It's funny watching them run against the original Hemi Challenger, leaves them in the dust right off the line and almost 3 seconds in the 1/4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mNwDvS8PnmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10.8 @ 126mph is stupid fast for a stock Hellcat w/ street legal radial slicks

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The Hellcats with very minor mods are flat 10 second cars, no NO2 needed. I could not imagine how fast they would be with a 150-200lb NO2 system :headbang:

It's funny watching them run against the original Hemi Challenger, leaves them in the dust right off the line and almost 3 seconds in the 1/4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mNwDvS8PnmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That dude from Ass Monkey Garage bought several of them (Drag Pack Cars) and they were pricey In like 2010 $85 grand since him and his rich buddy bought a couple),

The 2016 Dodge / Mopar Challenger Drag Pak boasts a choice of supercharged 354 Hemi or naturally aspirated 426 Hemi engines. The car is meant for Sportsman class racing, and costs $99,426 for the 426 and $109,354 for the supercharged V8 and not street legal in the Drag Race Package and would run 9 seconds in the quarter. Cheap way to get into racing since the car met NHRA and IHRA specs..... Track ready under the super stock rules... This year they are crazy with over 700 HP (street legal).

Shit, the old hemi challenger's and Cudas were not much faster than the 440's, they would pull away at the at the big end though when the 440's would run out of lungs...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

I think the new one has a supercharger to get it's street legal ass moving. My ol lady's 2012 RT was a heavy bitch..... Then they moved up to the SRT with a 6.2, then a 6.4..... The drag pack cars, they had to strip all the bullshit to get them to 9 seconds plus change. You could buy one in any color as long as it was white.

Northwinds

Tagline
I think the Challengers are perfect for a dude like me, cool that you guys had one!!!

Northwinds

Tagline
Has anybody helped him with his question? I am guessing he just wants his up and running and that should be a piece of cake fix. Lee or Jer?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
He asked if there was a tech in AZ, Perry answered him, and a "weak channel" is not an easy fix. That's why I suggested a service manual. It can be an out of spec resistor , bad cap, no gain on a transistor , etc...

Northwinds

Tagline
He asked if there was a tech in AZ, Perry answered him, and a "weak channel" is not an easy fix. That's why I suggested a service manual. It can be an out of spec resistor , bad cap, no gain on a transistor , etc...
Lee, I meant it would be an easier fix for any of you knowledgeable folks who do this stuff everyday and know what to look for if it was right in front of you instead of someone with no experience trying to diagnose the problem himself. I am sure Perry could fix it but I gather the new guy is not looking to fork $2k over for a full blown WOPL as Perry suggested

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'll work on his amp. I got the Christmas spirit (the drinkable kind). He's about 3 hours from me and I'll see if he wants to send it or deliver it. I think the Weal Buffer is full on one side and I got a fix for that. My ol lady is making me go to the grocery store with her shortly, if he pop's up, I'll give him my phone number. I'll be back soon.

Here is the deal, I really don't like to work on the old stuff, not because I can't, it's because it's old and an hour after leaving and playing it for 5 minutes, the older stuff than the old stuff you just replaced can go tits up. It makes me look bad (or anybody for that matter). I'll see what he wants and expects. I hate for a man to be without his Muzak, then all you can hear is the wife yapping. :)

I love doing full blown upgrades, not because I make money, I don't. I lose money. but it's new shit and I trust Joes engineering and I trust MY work. I stand behind it actually (or wobble depending on what day it is.

Later dudes.

P