Oil on the (downward slide) upward climb...

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
3.39 gal in Chicago.. Good time to buy Exxon stock, down to 72.92 a share
Regular unleaded is $1.999 here in South Carolina.

Um... I wouldn't be buying any stock just yet- best wait a few days. The market really dropped today.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Standard grade unleaded has been regaining most of the drops it took earlier this year and has hit $3 a gallon here in SW Idaho/SE Oregon...we have no refineries, remember, so past Utah it's on a pipeline.

However, I'm pretty sure that oil will return to around 50 dollars a barrel for a base in the coming 12 months. The geopolitical reality of our times and nature of conflicts in play will force it.

Sh!t's gonna happen. Sh!t don't take a vacation.

orange

Tagline
And NO, I would not buy stocks in large oil companies right now, you won't be happy in the long run with the results. Shell is exploring in the Arctic and BP is still exploring despite weak markets but they look to be the exceptions right now from what I've read (not a lot of reading but that's what I read).

I think the market is out there but it's at least a few months to maybe two years out before prices are robust and stable again. That doesn't mean $80/bbl, it means that they have established a steady price range again.

Lee has been doing what he believes is best, picking up equipment to update and replace his stock or even allow for eventual expansion...which will happen. Contraction has to occur and I think he's prepared.

orange

Tagline
Some article on Yahoo today has somebody speculating $68 a barrel at year's end, but they drink a lot.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
All three grades under $3 ... kicked in this weekend at the usual watering hole.
Cash or credit.

$2.79
$2.89
$2.99

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
$2.31 here in Coventry, lower 5 miles away by almost 10 cents

Getting there, when I see $.99 a gallon again like the day I moved to CT 14 years ago (filled up the Firebird to move here from Rochester, NY) I will be happy

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Crude Oil Jan 16 (CLF16.NYM)

2.39 Reg
2.49 Mid
2.59 Prem

at the old watering hole this morning.

There's a whole bunch of surrounding stations as low as 2.35 for regular now
but not places I go to. Keep in mind that this is also in Cal-I-forn-I-a

How low will she go ...