New Ultrasonic Cleaner

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I use electrolysis all the time for rusty parts & tools. It will take paint off pretty good too. I watched a video where a guy did an entire tractor. Used a big pond liner & made like an above ground pool.
Biggest I've done is those hard plastic kiddie pools they have at the grocery store, for some tripod mounted belt fed parts. Like my little pic to the left.

And I use Arm & Hammer washing soda & rebar. I sandblast the rebars first & between uses.

Last edited:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Really no sense in using no clean flux/solder if it leaves an ugly mess and it still needs to be scrubbed.
Major benefit is that it cleans up much easier than the rosin in Kester 44. Night and day.

The % flux content is also much lower in the 245 than the 44

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Major benefit is that it cleans up much easier than the rosin in Kester 44. Night and day.

The % flux content is also much lower in the 245 than the 44

Yep, I just ordered some 245 to try. I'm using 44 now, and I just ordered some 285. I go through a roll about every 6 months.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yep, I just ordered some 245 to try. I'm using 44 now, and I just ordered some 285. I go through a roll about every 6 months.
I would be putting anhydrous isopropyl alcohol in it. Lowest cost real alternative. I stay away from aqueous on PCBs

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I would be putting anhydrous isopropyl alcohol in it. Lowest cost real alternative. I stay away from aqueous on PCBs
I have been reading the studies on water in ultrasonics...... It doesn't bother the components. As long as they get dried properly.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Is there a reason you went so big Perry?

I'm helping at the soup kitchen and I figured the 5 gallon capacity would help....

No, I wanted a smaller one but don't let these chumps on ebay fool you. I ordered 4 other ones but made them cancel the orders when they couldn't give me a ship date. Most of the sellers do NOT have any of these in stock. I will find a small one just big enough to fit a control board into. Then I can deal with the smaller solution costs.