New Ultrasonic Cleaner

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I finally got my Ultrasonic Cleaner in the mail..... YEAH, It's Chyneeze but really, not many of these are made in the USA these days. I'll add more to the thread later but wanted to get the thread up and going.

I took somebody's advice and went with a BIG machine. I bought the 30 Liter model (Holds about 5 gallons of water). I decided to try it on a pile of 100 year old Singer Sewing Machine parts before I tried it on a pile of circuit boards. I tried the Degas function for a couple minutes (set the temp to 50 degrees Celsius), and then switched to an hour of frequency sweep for the cleaning. The first pic is the pile of 100 year old parts, the second pic, that's after 1 minute. The crud just started rolling off. Talk about a time saver. I would have spent a full 10-12 hours cleaning these parts, and went through several dollars worth of Alkyhaul/Acetone. The unit cost me $300 but it has all the good features on it. Not only size, but it has Degas, and SemiWave. Also has 10 big transducers. After I thought about it, bigger was my choice since the small circuit boards I need to clean is such a small part of what I do, I needed the size to clean other shit like carbs, motorcycle parts, sewing machine parts, and hell, I could probably make 5 gallons of soup in it if I had too. I wonder if I used it for making chili, if the "Degas" function would head off the.... well, you know......

ultrason1.jpg ultrason2.jpg

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
That is a way cool piece of equipment ya got there. Doesn't seem like a bad trade-off money wise for the time saved and no nasty chemicals to do bad things to your health. I've seen people using these for cleaning records too, another multi-purpose machine. Excellent.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That is a way cool piece of equipment ya got there. Doesn't seem like a bad trade-off money wise for the time saved and no nasty chemicals to do bad things to your health. I've seen people using these for cleaning records too, another multi-purpose machine. Excellent.
I solder so much stuff, I go through maybe a half gallon of Alcohol/acetone mix a month...... Throw in cleaning parts and that amount of solvent will take the wood out of your pencil for sure.....

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
I have one used to use it all the time for juke mech parts, I used to put some CLR and mean green cleaner in it and the parts came out shiny clean...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I have one used to use it all the time for juke mech parts, I used to put some CLR and mean green cleaner in it and the parts came out shiny clean...
I probably wouldn't want the CLR on circuit boards but would probably work great for the machine parts.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
30 Liters???? Yeah, but I can dam near fit a Harley motor in it....... The 22 would have been my choice but it's hard to find one, and it's near impossible to get these guys to commit to shipping anything.

ultrason7.jpg

Attachments

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Ultrasonic is awesome. Congrats!

Now rig up a slow motor to clean your records and really be amazed.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Never heard of it but I use a conversion coat which does the same thing. MAYBE???
Never heard of it but I use a conversion coat which does the same thing. MAYBE???

Just one of many posts. I use a spooge tank to restore old iron tools. It works. I use rebar for the sacrificial electrode.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

Just one of many posts. I use a spooge tank to restore old iron tools. It works. I use rebar for the sacrificial electrode.
I have the same thing for rifles/pistols. It pulls the lead and rust from a barrel. It's not a tank, but the anode goes down the middle of the barrel sealed on both ends with stoppers, fill the barrel up with the magic juice, and the power supply attaches to the barrel, and one to the anode. Works very well.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have the same thing for rifles/pistols. It pulls the lead and rust from a barrel. It's not a tank, but the anode goes down the middle of the barrel sealed on both ends with stoppers, fill the barrel up with the magic juice, and the power supply attaches to the barrel, and one to the anode. Works very well.

Yup, same theory. I use a big rubbermaid trash can tub. Kinda messy but works great.