NEW PL700 Series 2 WOPL BUILD

Greg

Journeyman
Hello Gents Im sure there must be an existing thread on validating the pin outs / wire map from a PL700 ii to a WOPL build ( full comp ) PL1.jpeg pl2.jpeg pl3.jpeg wo1.jpeg wo2.jpeg Just looking to boost my confidence lol !! Thx all !

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Other than Joe's WOAD documentation, haven't seen any. I assume your adding his control board to a stock complementary point to point back wall.

Greg

Journeyman
Sooooo In Building My confidence regarding Pin outs / terminations I have been reviewing the attached image along with the WOPL excel cross ref data Does one rely on the documents / color coding or is it preferred to Trace each wire and confirm its source origin specifics ? Step_10_Cropped.jpg

Greg

Journeyman
Sooooo ALMOST THERE !!! QUESTION ? What the heck this White wire red Trace on both left and right channels ( Circled in YELLOW ) are both common to Fuse ( circled RED ) Each of these White /traced red wires are on my PL 36 board as shown in Images What the heck do I do with Rest Seem to Check Out ? see Images Thanks all ! ( they seem to Bump up the Violet wire to and unquie location compared to what is on PL36 Board Diagram for the 700 WOPL build any ideas what to do here ? image0 (1).jpeg image1 (1).jpeg IMG_9063.jpg IMG_9064.jpg image0 (1).jpeg image1 (1).jpeg IMG_9063.jpg IMG_9064.jpg

Greg

Journeyman
Yes you can beat your wife and dog but ...Yes Never cut the red wire until you cut the blue wire............ but its the 4 white wires with Red traces that confuse me ?........wife is doing Fine... Dog died tho

Greg

Journeyman
Gotta clean all that nasty flux off there too....
Lol yes Just dont see a reason to clean the flux off old board if im install new WOPL but whats a few more Carcinogens in my system going to do at this point any way ....Spraying Flux off to near flash point in kitchen will report back Fire department on its way I hear sirens

Last edited: