NEW PL700 Series 2 WOPL BUILD

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
You are definitely in the right place.
Like George said, please post plenty of pictures.
Take your time, think everything through, and keep your eye on the prize.
The end result is a thing of beauty, it will amaze you.

Greg

Journeyman
OK Very Good Thanks I will post what I have as it is and post data of its present state then start from there Thank you all !

Is There already a pre existing Slide show by Joe that exists for a WOLP Build on PL700 Series 2 that link could be dropped here would be a help kickstart

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Could you be more specific about "WOPL Build"?
We tend to think of a WOPL Build in three phases: 1. WOA Capacitors and Control Board (the basics), 2. New Bridge Rectifier and DC Protection Board (the insurance policy), 3. WOA Backplane Boards and all new Output Transistors (the Full WOPL).
You can do these in steps or all at once.
There is a detailed assembly instruction sheet for the Control Board.
There is a detailed assembly instruction sheet for the Backplane Boards.
There are several videos of a Full WOPL Build, search on Mark Comer, a member here.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Not all, look at a phased build. Some of us save our precious time and do it all at once. This saves from opening up an amplifier several times making a mess of everything.

mlucitt

Not all, look at a phased build. Some of us save our precious time and do it all at once. This saves from opening up an amplifier several times making a mess of everything.
True that. Some of us drink a six pack between each build phase, and some of us drink a whole case while we build our WOPLs up all at once.

Greg

Journeyman
HAHA will start posting pics of my build start Thanks guys I just really appreciate the combined experience here is amazing every build is a Journey with its own unique twists and turns

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
OK Very Good Thanks I will post what I have as it is and post data of its present state then start from there Thank you all !

Is There already a pre existing Slide show by Joe that exists for a WOLP Build on PL700 Series 2 that link could be dropped here would be a help kickstart
Yes there is a complete Powerpoint Slide Show for a PL400 complete rebuild that I did. 400s and 700s are basically the same animal.
PL400 Complete Rebuild Slide Show

Greg

Journeyman
Yes THANKS ! found and down loaded will wrap my head around it
My experience is Im and Electrical contractor with plant automation specialties
I know basics about electronics just need to develop the flow skills and need to gain confidence regarding circuitry functions I chose the Phase linear as a Hobbie to go along with my record collection and am really enjoying the range of sounds I feel like the Vinyl sounds seem to represented better on systems engineered during the same era maybe its just me but thats my vibe and am looking forward to this build

Greg

Journeyman
Lol. Not a Bot guys lol . Sorry if my posts don’t have a period or seem rambling . I Am on chemotherapy three days of every 14 days for stage 4 . I have been doing this to keep my mind busy with a project so I do get brain fog at times but greatly appreciate the support . ( noted increased use of period ). Lol.