NEW PL700 Series 2 WOPL BUILD

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Rinse and repeat for each channel... I left of the L and R from the pin definition above since they are both identical

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Greg...read Joe's post above.. also. The Gboard is dualmono, you'll need to run unfused B+, B- to the right channel side of the board, pad 11and 12..

Greg

Journeyman
Thank you Guys I will Have a look and diagram out what i have done !
So are the White wires ? red traced Unique to a DUAL MONO G board ?

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Electrons don’t care what colour the wire is so long as they get where they gotta go. Amp is old enough to fart dust, who knows what colour wires are in it now if it’s been serviced along the way and I bet PL employes smoked a ton of the devils lettuce...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The red/ white wires did not come with the board. .those are stock wires that came with the smp... are they not?

Greg

Journeyman
I have 3 PL700ii and one Pl 400ii I will check compare see if there are wires that are noticeably different etc

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Greg, nothing was standardized on these amps. Running changes were made throughout production and they've hit the bench and been tinkered with many times prior to today. Joe's commentary PDFs and graphics are spot on.
The last two 400 S2 I gutted had added wiring.

Greg

Journeyman
Thanks Guys Yes I Understand not to rely on color codes Ill go for round 2 tonight
RE Main Bus + and - from main caps RE 11L and 12 L and 11R and 12 R is eit better to do direct to caps or Jumper between same + to + and - to- Ie 11L to 11R and 12 L to 12 R ? Thanks for help

Greg

Journeyman
I am Happy to report colors of the wires mean nothing ................as matter o Fact pretty sure being color blind was a plus for who ever wired this amp last lol