Need help to repair two phase 400 amps

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Good Morning Lee

I have all the output transistors installed. I have been trying to wire the board but I am having trouble with the diagram. You had mentioned that we have a upgraded rev (a) board. Is this why the diagram is not corresponding or is it me ? Would it be possible for you to draw up a exact diagram, or are you going to make me work for it ? LOL I have not yet soldered the 20 gage ground to the cap bus bar, no working gun yet. I am extremely busy today and will be in and out. I see your makings on the terminal strips, are these areas being omitted? I am in no rush here. I will be back to check for a reply in a bit. And thank you again Lee for everything .!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The "enhanced" part of that board is the addition of the 4 diodes on the back of the board. They prevent a "latching up" of the negative rail to the speaker outs.

As far as the wiring diagram goes, we are going to wire the bias transistors to the 3 hole connectors on the back of the board first. This is going to take awhile, so if you are going to be in and out all day, pick a time when you can devote a couple hours to this....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I have all the output transistors installed. I have been trying to wire the board but I am having trouble with the diagram. You had mentioned that we have a upgraded rev (a) board. Is this why the diagram is not corresponding or is it me ? Would it be possible for you to draw up a exact diagram, or are you going to make me work for it ? LOL I have not yet soldered the 20 gage ground to the cap bus bar, no working gun yet. I am extremely busy today and will be in and out. I see your makings on the terminal strips, are these areas being omitted? I am in no rush here. I will be back to check for a reply in a bit. And thank you again Lee for everything .!

And post a pic of the output transistors with a reference to the bottom of the amp...

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
There are two phoenix connectors on the back of the board. on the other side is cr br er .? Here are pics. And you can't make out the driver numbers very well but u have to trust me here. I have triple checked and they are the four at the bottom. P.S. I am liking the allen screws!. IMG_3208[1].jpg IMG_3209[1].jpg IMG_3212[1].jpg I still do not have the soldering iron returned. Waiting. What is the best time for you to finish her up ? What ever works for you.

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I just saw your markings on the connectors, sorry-- and the four drives on the amp are the furthest away vertically from the fuses.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
All we want installed on the backwall when we fire this amp up is the drivers, on the bottom row, then if it is a successful bring up we'll install another row, etc...

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Pic of amp w/drivers and My trick install extended Allen wrench and Vacumm chuck to install and remove the outputs. No more fumbling with them.

IMG_3214.jpg IMG_3221.jpg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Now, put the amp on it's normal bottom side down , open side facing you, faceplate off and out of the way. Driver board on the bench laying down with the connectors facing the amp, component side down....take a pic and post.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
With you sitting in front of that, from left to right on the 3 hole connectors, red-black-brown, both connectors the same...These are the bias transistor wires...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Soooooooo....... what happened here, we were 2 hours away from having this running.....??

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Well this sucks! I wish I would have looked at the last page first!! And I had a headache BEFORE I started reading 40 pages.

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
What the hell.... How long ago did this thread die Lee... I just now read the whole thing again.. Wish I had started on the last post first !!! What happened to Larry ?????????

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Kevin; I'm trying to read all of these type threads, to soak up as much as I can before I start soldering my first WOPL kit.

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Good Idea... I guess maybe Larry D finally decided to do the same thing... Maybe he is still reading ....