Need help to repair two phase 400 amps

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Absolutely.......Can you think of anything else you need in a care package before I box it up?

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Absolutely.......Can you think of anything else you need in a care package before I box it up?

Lee, you said (posts) plural, that is why I got confused. I can think of a lot of things! LOL. But no, The rca connectors will come with the protection unit correct?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
OK, board, Outputs, sil-pads, cap discharge resistor, ???? Do you have alligator clips for the cap discharger??

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
OK, board, Outputs, sil-pads, cap discharge resistor, ???? Do you have alligator clips for the cap discharger??
Yes I have the clips. I am very excited to wire up the board and install the outputs. But I have to say I am a bit worried about the back plane. other then that it is like, I friggin love it!

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Lee two more things, do we need to check the two square green caps on the back plain and I see a round ceramic cap as well. And will there be any soldering. I just got my wes51.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The caps are fine. You can solder a 10" long piece of #20 wire to the bus bar between the caps to replace the one youi just cut off the RCA input ground plate. The ground for the board will be that instead of the one coming of the input RCA's....

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Why are you worried about the backplane??
Only because we did not find anything bad. My guess is the problem may be in the board. I am going to check just a bit. Is there anything on the board that comes to mind that may cause such a problem as dc current to the speaker outputs. ? Or if you were looking what components would you check. I have a bit of free time so nothing to loose. If you are to busy don't worry about it.

LarryD

Journeyman
Tagline
---
The caps are fine. You can solder a 10" long piece of #20 wire to the bus bar between the caps to replace the one youi just cut off the RCA input ground plate. The ground for the board will be that instead of the one coming of the input RCA's....
Got it, I have some solid black wire, will that do?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
No, must be stranded. There are about 50 things that could put DC on the speaker outs.....And with your meter the 910's are still not eliminated as the problem...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Only because we did not find anything bad. My guess is the problem may be in the board. I am going to check just a bit. Is there anything on the board that comes to mind that may cause such a problem as dc current to the speaker outputs. ? Or if you were looking what components would you check. I have a bit of free time so nothing to loose. If you are to busy don't worry about it.

Check all the transistors and diodes on the board....