My Father's Continuing Saga........

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
I mentioned in the March 26th post, that particular day was my fathers Birthday. I took him out to breakfast this last Saturday to celebrate it. (He had some other things going on the previous week that took precedence). He showed up with a traditional St. Louis style gooey butter cake he said HE baked. For ME. I have never seen him bake ANYTHING in his life. Cook? Yes. Bake? No. Bakery goods are not his specialty. So I was quite taken back by the gesture, but it was damn good!

He didn't have to do that at all, and I so much as said so, but now that he's had a solid few weeks to listen........I mean REALLY LISTEN to the WOPL400's, and the Carver C1, he really wanted to show his thanks. I sent the carver off to get the Bill D. mod. Basically made the right contacts and arrangements; and of course did the PL400 mods myself. So he wrote on top of the cake that note. haha. That's really neat. Joe's products made this possible. I can't thank the forum here enough for all the help they have been throughout this saga. And Joe and Lee and Mlucitt especially for helping me make it happen for him.

-Thanks guys. :thumbup:

IMG_0324.JPG

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
PLPhanatic,
That is fantastic. Seems we all find sharing within the WOPL family is one of the most rewarding gifts we receive. Music, memories, technology, and really clean, pure sound, that we share with family, and friends (everyone here on the forum), brings us all together. I second a huge "Thank You Joe" and a special thanks to everyone on this forum. It's the gift that just keeps on giving !