My 700w series 1 on the bench

GeorgeP

Journeyman
OK...I'm putting together a doc for this... I'll post it later. The project is very difficult, but I think much better than the LEDs I tried. Hope you have allot of soldering skills and patience. Wont be easy sorry to say.

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
OK...I'm putting together a doc for this... I'll post it later. The project is very difficult, but I think much better than the LEDs I tried. Hope you have allot of soldering skills and patience. Wont be easy sorry to say.
sounds challenging..
thank you for sharing...

George S.

Gene, have you considered a cheap 2 channel DDS signal generator to calibrate your meters? Many are listed on Amazon. I use a older Koolertron model. Works on analog or digital meters.
Unlike keying up a transmitter that requires a load on the outputs, the amps require nothing on the speaker jacks.

gene french

Tagline
Gene, have you considered a cheap 2 channel DDS signal generator to calibrate your meters? Many are listed on Amazon. I use a older Koolertron model. Works on analog or digital meters.
Unlike keying up a transmitter that requires a load on the outputs, the amps require nothing on the speaker jacks.
no sir...did not know i could do that...
please send a link so i can investigate...
sounds like fun...

gene french

Tagline
Hi,
I just came up with this. There is some steps that may drive you crazy, but is a love of the amp! Maybe some one will come up with an easy add-on kit or something.
adafruit will not ship to me...as i use a freight forwarder....
will have to look on ebay for something similar...
they will ship to me...lololol

gene french

Tagline
i do have one that is software driven (that i paid for...not freeware) ....part of the calibrated mike stuff...
but, i am sure the one you speak of is much better...will look...

GeorgeP

Journeyman
I just finished the output Transistor install. All 20 both channels. Adjusted offset and bias...Perfect. Did the open no load tests...200 V rail to rail at clipping. Attached pics of amp and scope both channels. Will test into 4 ohms, and expect 550 Watts / Channel.
Amp has all new caps, relay board with UPC1237 all setup using both 400w and 700w relay boards modified for the lower offset detection <1V, strip LEDs in meters.
New sealed volume pots.

Attachments

GeorgeP

Journeyman
i do have one that is software driven (that i paid for...not freeware) ....part of the calibrated mike stuff...
but, i am sure the one you speak of is much better...will look...
I just found an APP Signal Audio generator. Looks perfect on the scope, and...NO, ZERO OFFSET!
Out of headphone jack to a pair of RCA phone plugs. Nice! 1 Hz to 25 Khz. clean. 1.36 V peak to peak max. Add an amp if you want to get to 5 or 10V ? Screen shot of my phone. Knob adjusts frequency...No typing needed. Screenshot_20230503-132344_Frequency Generator.jpg

GeorgeP

Journeyman
maybe mr. george can help me learn to read scope....think it would be fun...
Its really easy. Vertical is "loudness" in Volts per graticule, Horizontal is the period in time base per graticule / frequency info.
Get a scope and play with the adjustments ...the best way. Many scopes these days will make the actual measurements for you, and put them in the sidebar.

GeorgeP

Journeyman
I hav'nt hooked it up to speakers yet. I know it will be awesome, I used it for years on my AR9s (4 Ohms). I'm just being very very careful about it. I want to verify a solid 550 watts into 4 ohms sinewave... and check heat rise with the fans blasting! Thanks for asking!!! I did blow the 5 amp fuses into 4 Ohm resistive loads at 400 watts. Its fine...relay board worked. Came back on fine with new fuses. Getting 8 amp fuses put in, then check again... stopping at 550 watts into the 4 Ohms (47 VAC RMS will be 550 Watts).