LP Box Sets

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
It's contained in this:

There's also a video mock up of an awesome live rendition of 'Immigration Song' that never ceases to blow my mind. I call it a mock up because it includes rough black & white film and still photo trickery. Something similar to what you might remember from MTV vids that Zep put out in the 1990s...but better in my mind.

+ there's never before seen live video in this set from later concerts, one set of acoustic songs and some other live stuff - Knebworth I think it is - captured prior to Bonham's death. Not as crisp of a performance as one might want but they had been 10+ years road worn. That concert set includes 'Physical Graffiti" AND 'Presence' gems. Highly recommend acquisition and looks/songs fantastic on DVD.
Jeez... I bought that for my brother when it came out as an Xmas gift. Pretty sure we watched most of it...excluding the SRTS stuff.

There are a number of box sets, shown so far, that I like. I have very few box sets - expense being one of the factors. I hate to spend money on something I already have, albeit on separate albums or pre-recorded cassettes.

Nando.
That Bonfire set has 3 ACDC cd's you cant get anywhere else. It was recently re released in a smaller package, though I wish I had bought the original when it had come out way back when. Pretty much each set shown has something that cant be obtained elsewhere. Hey Hey What Can I do can only be found on the b side of the Immigrant song 45 and Crop Circles. I was lucky enough to find one of those 45's.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I'm of the same disposition Nando, especially with LPs. I do have a few interesting ones though that I need to photo and share. I was a big box set kid back in the early 80's; it was a way to get an artist library built quick... like the British version releases by The Beatles.

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Ben, Tony: And that's what makes it so enticing to get the box set because of music not released, or available earlier. That's one thing I don't often come across in used record stores is box sets, except for the hugely popular Arthur Fiedler & the Boston Pops set from Reader's Digest.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Joe Jackson once released an entire album on five 7" 45 rpm records, his second album I'm The Man...

It looks like they used a close version of a 7" reel tape box, good use.