Lets talk Pre-amps

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
The A202 was the later Japanese SAE was it not? Computer Direct?

Jim
Yep, Computer Direct Dual High Resolution after James went on to G A S , still a bad boy, the transformer is an oblong 0 in solid iron with heat fins on top. I played it hard full range with the older ML Sequels and it lacked just the final oomf, I don't play Lee loud, but loud! I'd say it 'doubles down' in the ohm loading as well as the older SAE amps will. With the AR T-40's I've never heard a clipping like sound with the 200w +3 led light flickering or even steady

It's almost 30 years old and still makes me love it more and more, 1st separate amp I bought new, I hope it handles the new Summit panels (they don't suffer no fools) , if not, I know the 2400 will with class and James' Good looks!!

I know this forum likes a certain kind of amp and I just want to stir things up with my love, and I have many, I love my forgiving partner John and our 'girl' Katie, my love of the 'slabs' and the power they crave, vinyl...played on a Thorens...SAE gear!! :happy3:

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Yep, Computer Direct Dual High Resolution after James went on to G A S , still a bad boy, the transformer is an oblong 0 in solid iron with heat fins on top. I played it hard full range with the older ML Sequels and it lacked just the final oomf, I don't play Lee loud, but loud! I'd say it 'doubles down' in the ohm loading as well as the older SAE amps will. With the AR T-40's I've never heard a clipping like sound with the 200w +3 led light flickering or even steady

It's almost 30 years old and still makes me love it more and more, 1st separate amp I bought new, I hope it handles the new Summit panels (they don't suffer no fools) , if not, I know the 2400 will with class and James' Good looks!!

I know this forum likes a certain kind of amp and I just want to stir things up with my love, and I have many, I love my forgiving partner John and our 'girl' Katie, my love of the 'slabs' and the power they crave, vinyl...played on a Thorens...SAE gear!! :happy3:
:hello1::thumbright:

Jim