Lee's White Oak 1000

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Sutton the 1000 is getting the On-Semoi MJ 15024's driving the On-Semi MJ 21194's. That's as good as it gets. The fan is on my 1000 as we type and it's doin great!! Full bore with the fans going full tilt barely warm to the touch.
The 400 is getting the same treatment.

PS. Not warm at all, maybe lukewarm.

Attachments

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Excellent!

Don't clean the mancave.

It will be bad it other women see that men can clean.

Not good.

This could make us all have to clean the house, and I can not do it correctly. I can never seem to please my wife with my housecleaning prowess. Am constantly in trouble. You should be replacing the lights in the White Oak 1000's. That is something that demands you attention...You are making us all look bad..........

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The lights will get Joe's board too. This one was done in a hurry as the Jani said we will not go through these dry periods of no 1000's in ther house between rebuilds. So when your 2 get done I'll do a quickie on the other Cali 700 then pull this one down and put the DC protect , LED's , and reroute some cabling.

Couldn't resist. There's some wattage in that pic.

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Mark, did you se the post about bumping the rail voltage to 120 on the White Oak board and going with some massive toroids i have laying around with all those new heat sinks with 10 device sockets?????? 1 driver pushing 9 outputs on each rail, , monobloc config with 1KVA toroid with 40,000 MFD for each supply.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
laatsch55 said:
Mark, did you se the post about bumping the rail voltage to 120 on the White Oak board and going with some massive toroids i have laying around with all those new heat sinks with 10 device sockets?????? 1 driver pushing 9 outputs on each rail, , monobloc config with 1KVA toroid with 40,000 MFD for each supply.
That is going to be some awesome amplification!!!

I am jealous, but I am sure that two White Oak Laatsch Phase Linear 1000's and two 500 SER 1 White Oak Phase Linear Laatsch amps will be fine for me..that should provide somewhere in the neighbohood of 3000 watts of power. The Brystons they wil replace are only producing a measley 1800 watts of power. I think that will be enough, but I don't know..

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Welp, fellers, I just bought me another Phase Linear 700B!!!Got it in the last 8 seconds on eBay. Should have waited, as I had offered the owner $300.00 if it didn't sell, butt I got a little concerned that someone would bid $349.0 at the last minute, and ended up being the person who bid at the llaast minute...Oh well, at least I bought her, and she has new output capicators, and new RCA plugs, and looks pretty clean overall, just a few scratches on the front faceplate....Lee, she'll be headed out to you....

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
NOT BAD BUDDY!!!! Jani will get er shined up. Gonna have em ship it direct??

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Tough to beat floor-to-ceiling gear like that, Lee. And I do like the looks of the Phase Linear amplifiers. Looks like you've been busy doing some organizing of your media section, too.

Nando.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I am going to attemp direct delivery to you. The pics included some nudies, and she looks really clean inside, and has new caps and jacks, so that should help a bit...Plus no crud to wade through. I hope it will be an easy one for you. She will need led's, and all the other treats..

Haven't been in touch with the seller tonight however..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Elite-ist said:
Tough to beat floor-to-ceiling gear like that, Lee. And I do like the looks of the Phase Linear amplifiers. Looks like you've been busy doing some organizing of your media section, too.

Nando.

Had to organize a lot of sections!!

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I was going to bid on that 700B amp but I am looking for more of a boat anchor. I need another project. I am looking at a 400 for low dollars that blows speakers. Just my cup of tea. I also ordered and am waiting for the Sonic Scrubbers, yeah.

Lee, when the lights dim in Gillette, I'll know your new amplifier is on. Hey why not run it on 220 VAC? The current draw would be a lot less. Can you wire your toroids for 220? (Dual primaries)

Mark

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Just so happens I have both sides of a duplex 50 amp breaker feeding the rack through #10 THHN solid wire. 240 would be a piece of cake.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I seem to remember that #10 is good for 40 Amps based on the number of wires in the raceway. That could generate almost 9000 Watts in a 100% efficient amplifier.

Geez.