Lee's White Oak 1000

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
While I'm waiting on parts for Sutton's White Oak 1000, thought I'd throw one of Joe's boards in mine.........cause I sure miss em!!!!!

Got the boards ready, got the caps, ....... shit, by tomorrow night we'll be rockin.!!!!

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Me too Jer. I just sold a PL 400 and a Pl 3000 Series II, and a pair of Pioneer CS R- 590 speaks all local today. And I still have a lot to go!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The 700's not as slow as the 400's, not nlike the Spec's where there's a separate board and PCB just to drive trhe meters, but it'll do.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
GFot involved with that amp and nobody screaming for my attention. Almost got done before I passed out too!!!

Six wires to go, then new mdrivers(On-Semi- Mj 15024's) and new outputs( On-Semi- MJ 21194's)

Attachments

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I like the idea of plugging it in. That way you can move the fan unit from amp to amp, and if you're like me, that is cool. You never know what amps you might be using at any given point in time.

Lee, you have some gorgeous PL 70B's er....White Oak 1000's there. Sure do look pretty. I'll bet they blow you away.

I'm still on the hunt for another 700B to attain the symmetry that is so Fung Shui!!! Gotta love the looks of the 700B. Never a prettier amp, IMHO.....

Listening yet????????

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Oh YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!@

PEGGED THE SPL AT 130-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
laatsch55 said:

LOL.. there went another 5 percent of Lee's hearing... Did ya rattle anything off the walls? I want to hear some stories of associated destruction! :cheers: :angryfire:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Here's the kicker. This one I had not even plugged in yet. After deciding to do a quickie on this one i slapped it up on the bench to get some baseline figures to c ompare with. Both were bought for 100.00 each as non - workers, thisa one was indeed broke...................the BR was toast. This was as close to a plug and play as I've been. Was 5-1/2 hours getting tnhis one converted. Of course no DC protect, no wire rebundling, No LED's etc. BUT , no glitches, no hangups, powered on, set bias, load test, current sharing test, put the sheet metal on, had Jani do her thing and hewre we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
jbeckva said:
laatsch55 said:

LOL.. there went another 5 percent of Lee's hearing... Did ya rattle anything off the walls? I want to hear some stories of associated destruction! :cheers: :angryfire:

Yeah , my big cap stash andd 3 can's of bDe-Oxit left the sherlves.