Krell KSA-250

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
So I sent Krell a request for the schematics for this KSA-250. The COO kindly pointed out that there was a sticker on the amp that said "No User Servicable Parts Inside" an I should take my amp to an AUTHORIZED" service shop and they would "Sort" my amp out. Fuck Krell. What a bunch of pompus twats.
You spoke to the Chief Operating Officer at Krell? You must have a lot of pull with those guys, too bad they blew you off. Probably should have spoken to the junior technician, he likely would have helped you.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
You spoke to the Chief Operating Officer at Krell? You must have a lot of pull with those guys, too bad they blew you off. Probably should have spoken to the junior technician, he likely would have helped you.

It would seem that they like me (GO FIGURE). They sent me an email with a bunch of attachments. :)

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Agreed. When one of the founders left about 10 years ago he started this company.
https://dandagostino.com/
He is apparently related to the current Krell CEO. Great products! Gotta love amps where the meters are labeled in kilowatts.
Expect that will make it even more difficult for Krell.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
We buy a lot of stuff on credit card Fred. We once bought a new water truck for 107,000.00

American Express of course..

I googled Rondi D'Agostino and did some other reading. Some good stuff out there.

Another sad part to Stephen dying was that this winter i was going to meet Dan D'Agostino. Stephen knew him for quite some time, lives in Scottsdale, az, just a few minutes from Stephen's house....we were going to his house next time I was in Phoenix...

mlucitt

Good Lord.
Dan D'Agostino Relentless Monoblock Amplifier
$295,000.00
They had a niche market segment; excellent specifications, high quality components, attention to detail, ridiculously/astronomically high prices. Joe, you have nothing to worry about - you only match three out of four of their market segment qualities.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Started replacing components and reworking the "Slow Start" board. I replaced the caps which were overheated from the 700 Ohm resistors which I moved to the opposite side of the board, replaced the precision resistors, bridge rectifier, and got most of the diodes replaced too. Still waiting on the other $400 worth of parts to get here. The price of the 4 Bulk caps, and the 4 relays brought the price up there. Damn relays were $17 each and the bulk caps were $60 each. The emitter resistors added up too when I needed 50 or so.... Since I have the schematic for the Slow Start board, I wonder if it would be worth it to have some made. I know there are a couple parts I have not been able to find. Like the Zettler relay's (AZ845-12). I had some new Opto-Couplers from a Carver Amp job so since I had them, I replaced them. There are 2 on the SS board, and a few others on each output board. Onward an upward.... HUH?

Krell 16.jpg Krell 15.jpg

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Started replacing components and reworking the "Slow Start" board. I replaced the caps which were overheated from the 700 Ohm resistors which I moved to the opposite side of the board, replaced the precision resistors, bridge rectifier, and got most of the diodes replaced too. Still waiting on the other $400 worth of parts to get here. The price of the 4 Bulk caps, and the 4 relays brought the price up there. Damn relays were $17 each and the bulk caps were $60 each. The emitter resistors added up too when I needed 50 or so.... Since I have the schematic for the Slow Start board, I wonder if it would be worth it to have some made. I know there are a couple parts I have not been able to find. Like the Zettler relay's (AZ845-12). I had some new Opto-Couplers from a Carver Amp job so since I had them, I replaced them. There are 2 on the SS board, and a few others on each output board. Onward an upward.... HUH?

View attachment 47988 View attachment 47989
Perry, you will have to ask the COO to see what he thinks... HUH??

Dayam, you pay that much for an amp and you get a toasted board? I guess I could somewhat understand that with Phase Linear S2 amps but with a Krell!!

There I combined Perryisms and Leeisms in the same reply :cool: