Klipsch Corner horns vs Altec lansing VOTT A7'S

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I'm making progress on the La Scalas. The crossovers ae nearly complete, and I think the cabinets will fit in the Honda Odyssey for a return trip to Virginia. Assuming they will fit, I should have them put together and auditioning them by the end of next week. I plan to leave Florida either Sunday or Monday, so with Kevin't help getting them out of the vehicle. I should be able to mount the drivers, horns, etc. and get them wired for sound in a couple of days...

One thing is for sure...Al makes one beautiful looking crossover. If it sounds nearly as good as it looks I should really have something in the La Scalas. All the reviews i Hcw read have been five stars, with most folks having owned them for decades, waiting for something better to come along......but nothing ever has...kinda validating my theory that the finest speakers ever made were produced in the sixties and seventies...

Attachments

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
That's nice looking work! I see the inductors are laid out to minimize interaction, looks good! Makes me wish I built my own board on my project instead of building over the gluey old point to point. Hope is sounds good, most importantly!

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Sutton.... Just cant believe your doing that without me !!!!! DAMN ! ....... Yea man I will help you unload those puppies !! We can take em right through my front door!!!!! HA ! All jokes aside... Where the hell you going to put those things... You and I both know your a dead man if you try putting them in your Living room !!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Joe, if the part that wasn't up to snuff were the crossovers, that is no longer the problem. Al K is a filter genius. And he can back up every claim he makes with testing and graphical representation.

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
Joe, if the part that wasn't up to snuff were the crossovers, that is no longer the problem. Al K is a filter genius. And he can back up every claim he makes with testing and graphical representation.
Can/Will he do crossovers for anyone/brand?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
He has downloadable software and is always ready to help. Don't get frustrated if he doesn't return e-mails right away, he's pretty busy. best results are with a phone call. Be brief and to the point and he will respond in kind. then ya'll can bullshit.

Can/Will he do crossovers for anyone/brand?
I'd say yes, the real question would be "Will he?" ;)

I know this, he'll need at least one of the complete speakers you'd like a network designed for. I've been waiting a few years for someone to take him a Klipsch Chorus II so he can do the measurements and design the network. My friend here in town just got the Forte I networks and they are deffinately a step up from original (or the Crites remakes of the original he had in them before the ALK's). Once he puts the Titanium mids from Klipsch in they will be complete and one hell of a speaker for the money, footprint and WAF they have........

Someone, please take Al a Chorus II so I can get the best networks available for my Chorus II's :D