Klipsch Corner horns vs Altec lansing VOTT A7'S

BIG is not always the key.....My Alon's are not big but present a huge soundstage and clarity second to only a few. They'll go down deep and make your sub sound only so so........

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Yea.... I quess BIG was the wrong word there.... Ive listened to alot of different speakers over the past 30 some years and these linus arrays that Sutton and I have are just UNREAL GOOD !!! And by no means PLEASE do I want to sound like im bragging ... IM NOT... BUT... I wish I could just take off sometime and go hear speakers for weeks.... LOL. I just really believe its going to take something with two 15's and horns to get any cleaner, louder, and just sound better... Does that make any sence ?????? lol . The bad thing is ... I know when I do find something I will have to take out a 3 year loan to buy the darn things..... Thats my BIG problem...........

kevin

My ole pal Sutton just two min. up the road is getting ready to blow my sh/^! away when he puts bottom end on his VOT'S.... And.... I dont even know what they are but he has a pair of speakers out in his garage that Ive always said was the best speakers he's got.... Told me today he is gonna hook those up.....When he gets all this done Id say I'll know what I need to move the linus to the rear.....

Kevin, I'm sure your speakers are outstanding and I'd love to hear them. I've just not heard anything like the Alon IV mkII's. This is not to say they are the best thing going as that would be a false statement I'm sure.

kevin

LOL... I quess thats why they make so darn many speakers..... No two ears alike. See... I've never even heard of that speaker but i'm going to get on here somewhere and check it out !!! THANKS !!

kevin said:
LOL... I quess thats why they make so darn many speakers..... No two ears alike. See... I've never even heard of that speaker but i'm going to get on here somewhere and check it out !!! THANKS !!

Drop the MKII part for better search results.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Who makes an affordable good active crossover for 2 way, and three way speakers? Peavey, Ahleley, Rane, Barrhinger?

I really do want to try to get into active crossovers, but don't want to break the bank. I also know the two way, and three way crossovers may be different models from different companies..

I still don't know how you smooth or do a notch filter using an active crossover, and maybe you don't without spending the big bucks, but I'd love to explore the possibilities...I've had very good luck with passive crossovers...but understand once you go active, you'll never go back..So someone lead me the right direction to finding the right brand and model..

Thanks in advance...

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Ashley and Rane make good ones and they are pretty reasonable on E-bay. I have an ashley and for 100.00 they will go through it and it will be just like new.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Just bought a
ASHLEY SC-22 ELECTRONIC STEREO 2-WAY X-OVER

I hope it will do the job...It's not SOTA, so I hope it will do what needs to be done...comes with a 40 page manual, so at least I'll have instructions for this old road warrior..

kevin

Good !!!! You can bring those speakers down to the house and try all that out if you want to !!! lol..