James Burke's (Jimmy) Phase Linear Ser I WOPL conversion UNIT # 2

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have relocated the bias transistor brackets more to the middle of the row, located and drilled the hole for the top board mount, this 400C had a 3 bolt holddown pattern in a V. BR wired and soldered, most of the Star ground wires prepped and terminaled, wiring rebundled so most hi volt DC over the top, low volt DC on the bottom and the AC through the middle. May be testing late tyonight.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have relocated the bias transistor brackets more to the middle of the row, located and drilled the hole for the top board mount, this 400C had a 3 bolt holddown pattern in a V. BR wired and soldered, most of the Star ground wires prepped and terminaled, wiring rebundled so most hi volt DC over the top, low volt DC on the bottom and the AC through the middle. May be testing late tyonight.
Don't forget C20L/R Lee...looking good. Nice conversion job.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I didn't like how low the DC protect board set on the speaker posts. Too much chance for bad thiongs to happen, so I dug through my standoff collectionand found 4-- 3/4" tall standoffs. I think it turned out well..

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well Joe, space is kinda tight for the 5 watters so in the 400's we're going with 3 watters. The Poly cap takes some imaginitive lead bending to land it ,but it works. I'm happy with the wiring rebundle on this one, we'll see if it translates to lower noise.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Well Joe, space is kinda tight for the 5 watters so in the 400's we're going with 3 watters. The Poly cap takes some imaginitive lead bending to land it ,but it works. I'm happy with the wiring rebundle on this one, we'll see if it translates to lower noise.
Our goal is to crack below that 200 uV noise floor Lee. I think it is possible.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It may require some more wire discipline and perhaps some more shielded wire. A lofty goal though there Mr. Joe.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
New silver hookup nwire in, new shielded signal ins, And silver jumpers on the back if the board.
Looking good there Lee - under 200 microvolts of noise - that is a quite a goal.

I'll have some bias brackets ready Monday - the last batch were made with a tip that was too large. My words sometimes fall on deaf ears. Here's some shots of a tranistor pad if you're interested. I have a dozen or so of these made up.

DSC_0025.jpg
DSC_0029.jpg DSC_0028.jpg DSC_0027.jpg DSC_0026.jpg