Don Imlay's Phase Linear 400 Series II Quasi -Comp.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Let me see if I can say this right-----Unity Gain appears to be less than 80khz.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Don's packing method for the PL 400 and 700's. A U-Haul heavy duty file box(with handle holes).3 inches of hard foam on top, bottom and sides, topped with 2-pieces of 1-1/2 stiff foam. Pretty straight forward and from what Don say, very effective.

Attachments

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Nice job Lee. The analyzer information is sweet. Only 2 dB down at 80 Khz, that is pretty good. Wonder what the response would look like at say, 250 watts output?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It was the same Scott, in fact a little better as you approach clipping. I was real busy trying to keep the amp and loads cool. forgot to hit print before taking another sweep and lost it. Didn't feel it was necessary to repeat until I get a better plan in place to keep things cool. It seems during a sweep things get real hot real soon.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
laatsch55 said:
Ah Joe, you'd be like a kid in a candy store!!
He aint the only one.. heheh

I woulda bought my old vintage 60's era Navy ATE bench and put it in my garage.. but..

- no garage

- woulda needed Lee to come wire me for 3 phase

- probably couldn't afford the electric bill

Hehe.. that analyzer can do everything my old bench could do, except it's probably a good ton or two lighter.. :faroah:

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
laatsch55 said:
So when you say "Bench" you really mean bench???
Like this. This was known as VAST (the big sister of my bench, I can't find any pics of mine). It supported a whole lotta avionics.. S3's.. F14's.. few others.. They would plug up the "boxes" yanked out of the aircraft to this, then this troubleshot to a circuit card. Then.. sent the circuit card to us to troubleshoot to the component.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I used to see rows of the test benches at Naval Air Station AIMD "Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Depot" (I think). They would make you drool. No way you could put one together today. But hey, with an analyzer like the one you have, you don't need all the analog test gear (and the nightmare of calibration that went along with it).

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Amen Mark. I am so tickled with this AP. Ifv ya notice on some of On-SDemi's data sheets , on the test page they have an ATS-1 for the analyzer. Can't say as I've ever owned anything that was that Hi-End.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Matrk it looks to be the same vintage as mine WITHOUT the digital capability. It has no reference to when it was last calibrated or whether it has a self test, those are questions I would be asking. For the price , if it's the real deal, super deal.