DChristie's PL 2000

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
With the secondarys and central tap disconnected from board you have ? voltage. Should be appx 17 volts from each secondary to center tap. If you think it might be a wiring issue, I've posted lots of high res photos of PL2000 showing detail.

George S.

Photos and dialogue in threads "Question for Joe or builders with appropriate test equipment" and "PL2000 Series 2". Picture is worth a thousand words. Mark helped me immensely by seeing it was wired for 220 and told me how to fix it. Mark, thanks again!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have 16 v ac coming off of each secondary prior to rectification. That is center tap to to secondaries. On the other side of the 1N4004' s is where the problem is. I don't t know where the additional voltage is coming from. All IC's are pulled. B+, B- voltages referenced from board ground.

George S.

I have 16 v ac coming off of each secondary prior to rectification. That is center tap to to secondaries. On the other side of the 1N4004' s is where the problem is. I don't t know where the additional voltage is coming from. All IC's are pulled. B+, B- voltages referenced from board ground.
One of the two transistors?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The TIS97 tests fine and is oriented right. The TIS 97 LED driver is fine also..

George S.

I have lots of new ones George! No need to put old ones back in..
Mismarked maybe. This has to be something simple. Your sure the wiring is correct including those wires that solder flat onto solder pads. None of those short switch wires are crossed. Does voltage become normal when switch position changes. Can't more help, on the road working. You guys know far more than me any how.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yep, tried all switch positions in most combinations. And your contributions are always welcome George!
I'm at work also bud, making sure you can heat your house!!

George S.

Just something I would double check. Your LED driver transistor you said is a TIS97. In the photos in the thread I see it, but can't make out the printing on my phone. It faces towards the rear. On the photo I am including, I am using a GES97 correctly installed also facing the rear. Grapplesaw posted once these will sub, but the pin out is reversed. Maybe remove it and recheck your voltage issue.

Attachments