DChristie's PL 2000

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Got my bag of Mouser parts in.

The Specs say a 56 db gain from phono input to main out, not 41 like I stated before, so there is lots missing here.
Q1 was also not soldered in, just stabbed in the hole...

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Here ya go Lee

Get em while there HOT

Tired of using the old insulating shoulder washers on your input RCA's???? I ordered some of these from Online Components (http://www.onlinecomponents.com/switchcraft-s1078.html?p=12322537) and these are the correct ones and they fit like a dream. Here is a pic with one in the hole and one on the Switchcraft Jack. They fit the Nice Cardas RCA's I use in my builds too.

The have a bunch in stock but don't wait. I would rather use these than the cheesy colored plastic ones that come with the new jacks. As a matter of fact I use one of these S1078's under the red or white plastic ones so not only do you have great insulation, you can still see red or white for left or right.

S1078.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
If I remember right, I was to notify you when I ordered again.... Never ordered any more though. If they still come in packs of 50, get one of us to chip in

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
After desoldering sometimes the thruhole needs cleaning. A cheap acetylene torch tip cleaner is perfect for the job. Comes with a gob of small bits stored in the handle....pretty damn handy...
I keep one of those and a set of torch tip brushes in the tool box, saved me many times working on carburetors, especially small engines.