Craig..................

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Hey all, sorry for the hit and run post from last week, shortly after posting it my right leg started to hurt really bad :sad10:. Since blood clots can happen after cancer surgery like mine and, knowing what Lee just went through, I went to the hospital and yep, I had them, they did an untrasound and rushed me to the ER :angry6:, I hated having to have to do that. Good news though, I was only in for the past week, got me on Warfin and back home now. I have to give myself these shots of another blood thinner to stabilize the blood thinness for now and I don't have to have another surgery like Lee had to go through :thumbright::thumbright:...They did try to kill me a couple times double dosing my meds. Here's a tip folks, write down everything you are taking in the hospital and when!! Don't rely on the nurses to do it, seriously!! :roll:, ask for and check your bill for overages and don't be afraid to question and refuse to pay for inept care, fight the idiots and have praise for the good ones!!

So, back to my rad and chemo tomorrow. Fun! Actually, no side effects yet :thumbright:. From what I've gathered, they show up towards the end of the treatments now with the awesome strides in medication these days. I'm staying positive :D. Have a blessed day everyone!!!!!

Yeah, those blood clots are a bitch ain't they?? I had 4 in 9 months...
Glad to see ya back on the forum...love ya!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Craig, I also kept track of what the docs told the nurses and what was being given to me. Set up a file on my phone to keep track. I was so noidy about the amount that the morphine pump was putting out I pulled it out of an IV and turned the machine off so I could sleep. Didn't dare go to sleep, didn't trust em on the morphine drip. Agreed to pain pills the next morning, that I could keep track of...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I remember when I was in the hospital and they wanted to change my IV needle...sumbitch felt like I was being stabbed and theat was the end of that, they looked at me and decided that I was recovering much better than they though.

Having that catheter removed by a cute 20 something brunette and swearing like a sailor was embarrassing tho.

Why is it women have to do all that kinda stuff for me? Oh well, one of the CNAs used to listen to me on karaoke nights before she transferred from here to Boise and at least it was like friends and family, too bad she was already married. She was an angel.

orange

Tagline
You hang in there, Craig, you aren't alone, my family has been through this too with my niece.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Big day Tomorrow morning, got to have my check up MRI on the tumor at 8:45am, then meet my Dr's see what up. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous, worst case;

It's back and more surgery and it's jumped from level 3 to 4.

lesser case;

It's minor growth and just needs the newer area rezapped with radiation.

What I'd like to hear;

It's not changed and in remission!!

I'm staying positive and ready or the worst, hoping for the best :hello2:

Regardless, chemo will start again until early next years check up. Still not able to work, I hate that too, getting restless. My vision and hearing are still affected form the last round. swollen feet hurt and I can't stand for long periods of time I'd have to at work. Disability pay ran out this week. I hope DES will kick in. They give all these other fuckers every thing free, I was born here and that doesn't matter anymore, GRRRRRR!!! Rant over!

orange

Tagline
That's totally freakin' AWESOME, Dude!

orange

Tagline
No football at all except that imaginary league with no TV coverage...can't say I blame him for taking a vacation.