Christmas always starts in Summer...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Well, if the package got all the way to New Zealand then I got just about everybody I could think of getting to over the four years I've sent these...

Remember, if you want to download all the music files (WMA-Windows Media Audio) plus the graphics to make the card and CD insert, with instructions, PM me and I'll get you the address and instructions on how to use the site.

Next year we will need to change the file format to either (don't groan) MP3, or WAV--it's lossless, either one can be dealt with by Apple users as well as PC without extra software.

It's the ONLY way you'll get it before Christmas NOW...

orange

Tagline
Sutton sent me a very nice thank you PM today, says the CD hasn't left the tray for a whole month!

Still getting compliments on the mailing this year :)

I have good news for you! I have enough Christmas songs archived to do this a while.

orange

Tagline
Sep got ahold of me today and said he got the Larry Christmas CD and package!

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Sep got ahold of me today and said he got the Larry Christmas CD and package!
Oh yes i did, thanks Larry so much! I do appreciate the nice things you've done for me and i'm hoping to enjoy again everything related to cassettes, this wonderful site and the nice people around. :thumbleft:

orange

Tagline
And Christmas 2015 is almost officially over, now that Jase/Skynyrd got ahold of me finally and his Larry Christmas package was finally sent!

On a really positive note, the POSTAGE was 48 cents CHEAPER than when I sent all the others and had it been so then we would have saved BEAUCOUP DINERO.

So, we not only wished the world a Larry Christmas in song, print and cassette tapes, two marriages were saved and we taught a member how to do electrical and central heating and air conditioning work last year. That alone is world class butt-kicking.

So to Mrs. Skynyrd, that dude is a keeper. We aim to please and there are NO FEES!

Your Rebel Elf,

ORANGE

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
It's official now, my tracking says Jason got his package, Larry Christmas 2015 is now done...8 months later.

Drop in, Mr. Skynyrd and let us now if it was truly groovy (or digital, it's a CD after all).

orange

Tagline
PLEASE LOCK THIS AND SOME OTHER POSTS I WILL COME UP WITH.

EDIT: I started the thread AFAIK but I see no way to close it.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
In this case Christmas starts in October...

Your Rebel Elf is champing at the digital bit and slaving over a hot cassette deck once again and hopes to have yet another holidazed and confused compilation of stuff much better than a fruitcake.

I'm past an hour now, once I process the files...

orange

Tagline
The one problem I have right now is that the You Tube converter I used earlier this year doesn't work anymore. Now I have tunes saved to cassettes and have to remember how to rip them to the computer via Audacity again. i have some really neat stuff though, both traditional and even vintage glam.

orange

Tagline
Here are the links to the Phoenix Christmas albums *complete with CD card graphics from 2015, 2016 and 2017 for those of you who are newer and would like to have them. Prior to that they were sent in the mail, which became somewhat expensive, so with 'Larry Christmas 2015' fitz43 offered to host them for us (thank you kindly, Doug and thank you for offering to continue with this year's album).

2015: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jzq8g7l790re42z/AACxPNXDZ8Xhcvvrdmxu3k-Wa?dl=0

2016: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/la3f07hx42q5dmw/AAC28qoCV1dQ8vIDtff9Fuxda?dl=0

2017: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qtitkf2s53drq3e/AAA0QV18_URgCtaCL_PCSGdua?dl=0

At some point I will try to assemble as many of the earlier albums as I can to upload as well.

You don't need an account to download the albums. Click on the download box and choose Direct download and save as to your computer. A ZIP folder will be saved to the location you choose and you open it and extract the files. There are graphics files (.jpg) that you can paste into a template or word processor to make a card for a CD that you can burn from the audio files. That may take some trial and error so when you get it right use that one example to make the others with.

Christmas before Halloween!

Rebel Elf

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Okay, I found another good source to get the songs I wanted much easier (You Tube) and I'm getting close to ready to upload, need a few more songs to shoot for a CD's worth.

I want to get them out Thursday or Friday and have them ready for the entire month's stretch so I'm up working and making my cat wonder about me.

I remain your Rebel Elf

orange

Tagline
My computer tried to do a nasty one of those your genuine Windows is not genuine things on startup then went into Windows anyway and says it is genuine, it farted but I'm doing a massive amount of backing up to my external drive and made sure the album material got save to it and an SD card to transfer should Murphy have his way. I was up until SIX AM and it will be uploaded by Friday.

orange

Tagline
Hang in there, Doug, I've been knee deep in forums QC on the test site...

more emails to come.

orange

Tagline
YAY! All the tunez R sent to Doug!

And I have artwork related to Wyoming for the CD card too!

Was a lot of work and set my back off again (but I have some stuff to rub on that OOOOOH! and Tylenol). :toothy5: :santa:

orange

Tagline
As soon as Doug puts up the last file I just sent him I can post the link for the Dropbox folder with this year's album and CD cover artwork, ready to fit in your own word processor's template and print.

I hope you really enjoy it!

This Elf will dream of mom's and good cooking tonight!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas, unless you are Canadian and already had Thanksgiving, just do it again! :D

orange

Tagline
Here is how to download and play the files, save the .bmp files to make your own CD card with titles.

First of all, all the MP3s were created at 320 kbps so the files will be LARGE but tops in quality that I can do with the Audacity program. Whether it came from a CD or You Tube rip it was processed to remove clipping (and boy howdy! You would be surprised at the amount of clipping crap can occurs and the audio still sounds 'nice'). Reverb and equalization if needed then normalized in most cases to bring the levels back up to good levels without making it clip a ton again (and that can be hard, plus EQ settings can push a file over the edge if one isn't careful) and again saving it at 320.

Now, to download, visit Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sbztvarjg8m3b1j/AADuwN5KuMM8gdy--FGaNvjKa?dl=0

You do not have to sign up or sign in to download and just click the Download link at the top right corner and choose Direct download and clink then choose to save to your computer when it asks you what to do with the ZIP folder it's going to send you.

Usually you can play a ZIP file without extracting it in Windows, others? and to complete the transfer you need to extract the files, there is a link in the folder in Windows to do just that.

They will be extracted and expanded to full size again in a new folder and that's what you need to play them in your media player or burn them to a CD or even tape them if your wish (although the program is around 4 minutes lone so it's too big for a C-60). You can do what you like to put them on a personal player or whatever at that point...

There are two .bmp files with the tracks listed and timed and you can print them make a CD card on your printer if you have a template or your word processor does. or trial and error, look it up, a CD insert is around 5+ inches square when folded and first vertically on a piece of printer paper. the trick being to feed it correctly so both sides are together that right side up...

Or just burn the CD and label it.

Now you have a month's time to enjoy it and to amply praise Fitz43/Doug for giving up the storage.

And with that, my Elfin duties should be done for the year now unless there are still questions.

ENJOY!

orange

Tagline
Thank you, Lee.

Has anyone downloaded it yet?

I'll see you all later on, mom's on her way.