check these out

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
the one that claims to be a prototype makes me think of dual/d500 pro version if such a thing ever was made that pro700 would go nice with my clair
I will also take the rack handles from that one clair listing since my face is held on with wire ties
Looks like you have a carver c-500 as one of the units for sale. I have two now fully converted. They are the same output as a phase linear 400.

Attachments

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
yes the seller has a c500 and an original and series i what ever you want to call it 700 (12 outputs) not 24 on b and ii a long with the 2 clairs pro700 and the (700 d500) mixed parts amp. would not be surprised of they were obtained for a song and now seller thinks they have a gold mine
do not know about these amps but have been told the seller is a BS artist

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I like c500s no power switch like 400 an extra row of outputs a bit more power then a 400 not as much as 700b/ii.
for the right price I would pick one up even just to use as shelf art

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
the one that claims to be a prototype makes me think of dual/d500 pro version if such a thing ever was made that pro700 would go nice with my clair
I will also take the rack handles from that one clair listing since my face is held on with wire ties
This is truly a messed up amp. The back plate and control board from the d500. The transformer has now two bridge rectifierS. One for low rail and one for high rail output. The rectifiers feed their own power caps so large set runs on 120 volt rail and the smaller pair in the middle run at 80 volts. looks like the DCP and feed back safety systems the d500 had have been removed. Meters are from 700 as seen at meter plates showing power output graduate And 350 watts output.

this amp in my humble opinion is a hot mess. I could one to replicate it for a fraction of what this guy wanuts.

8C9EA77A-1736-4AF1-BAEC-053F4F67B970.png Orders being accepted as soon as I return from installing my new starlink system at the lake

Attachments

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I think Lee said it best it was made by "Clyde Yamomoto from pilfered parts from PL. Not a reliable amp at all...stay plumb away from that mess. "

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
yes the seller has a c500 and an original and series i what ever you want to call it 700 (12 outputs) not 24 on b and ii a long with the 2 clairs pro700 and the (700 d500) mixed parts amp. would not be surprised of they were obtained for a song and now seller thinks they have a gold mine
do not know about these amps but have been told the seller is a BS artist
c-500 and series 1 and series ll 400 have exactly the same power output all run on 80 volt rails.
when Bob and carver corp built these he had to change enough stuff to avoid law suite from phase linear.

I have gutted the c-500’s and gone full complementary with white oak control boards and don‘s dcp . There is thread on the build out there. I put together some kits for a couple of happy customers along the way. Also added a power button 06470955-E08F-4486-85B0-E29DCA57AEC0.jpeg

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I did not know that why were the 400s rated 200 and 210 stock and the c500 was rated 250 stock if the power suplies are the same were is the extra power coming from is it the extra outputs or some thing else

George S.

The CSY 1.5 was built bby Clyde Yamomoto from pilfered parts from PL. Not a reliable amp at all...stay plumb away from that mess. treasurehunt474 or what ever his name is bought all the amps that the feller teased us with a month ago. Wayyyyy overpriced and misleading to boot...
I assume CSY are Clyde's initials.
I see no difference between the "pro" and regular consumer amps other than face plate graphics and jacks.
Money would be much better spent on new modern parts from White Oak.
That guy's fishing for suckers.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
c-500 and series 1 and series ll 400 have exactly the same power output all run on 80 volt rails.
when Bob and carver corp built these he had to change enough stuff to avoid law suite from phase linear.

I have gutted the c-500’s and gone full complementary with white oak control boards and don‘s dcp . There is thread on the build out there. I put together some kits for a couple of happy customers along the way. Also added a power button View attachment 48383
I looked a little closer and found so many missed steps. It is fully complementary now. Most outputs replaced in 2003 but first row outputs are very suspect mj11013/14 instead of Mj21195/96. See attached spec.

Zobel resistors are same as used in Clair Bro amps. Big and full of possible inductance although labeled HN. I have some here and will someday test that out. the Zolel resistors are in the front section near the meters which has the output runing from the backplate to the front and the back to the output binding posts. Ugh!!!

an other fuck up is the dual power supply. To many issues to write about there.

6283D98D-C633-43FB-A6EE-F46A705EF017.png

Attachments