Carver C1 going through rework

porkchop61

New Around These Parts
The rail voltages were within spec, but I haven't looked at ripple yet. That's the first thing I check/rebuild on vintage equipment. I'm obviously replacing all the filter caps.

There are two 120R and 91R voltage dropping resistors on each rail in the PS that should be looked at, as well as a 3.9M line to ground.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I work in south Windsor and that’s where the laser is.

It can cut that, yes.

How many do you need?

porkchop61

New Around These Parts
Interesting, I work in South Windsor as well

Nice of you to offer, but I only need one. I have a Bridgeport at work with 3-axis automation, so that’s what I’m going to use. Fine for making one for me. Maybe a group buy here would yield a higher number of parts and make more sense for a laser application.

Back to the main topic for a moment:
I‘m replacing the electrolytics in the signal path with non-polarized Nichicon MUSE ES. Does the orientation matter with these? I think it might for
RF applications, but not audio, I’m just not sure. I’d like to orient them all the same, just because I’m like that.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I polish the resistors to a mirror finish (till the band color comes off) then piss can the caps green so the next guy who digs in can get REALLY PISSED!!! :)

Then epoxy everything to the boards

Dutch54

Journeyman
FYI guys - I upgraded my C1 with all 3 of Sniff's boards and have been extremely impressed with the results.
The green LEDs on your PS board in the PS1 photo look cool where did you get those and if by chance have a part number could I get it also.