Audio Alchemy

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
What did you pay for it?

And where's the pics of the other units making the rounds?

What's a DTI? DDE? I've read this whole thread twice and I don't understand those two, I know what a DAC is.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
stuwee said:
What did you pay for it?

What's a DTI? DDE? I've read this whole thread twice and I don't understand those two, I know what a DAC is.

DDE is Digital Decoding Engine a fancy name for a DAC. DTI is Digital Transmission Interface a fancy name for an anti-jitter device.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
stuwee said:
What did you pay for it?

What did who pay for what? So far in the AA deal I have over 1000.00 outlay. So far those 2 pieces have cost me over 500.00 each. LOL Waiting on some Onix CDPs. I don't have pics of them. If I did they are on a dead computer.

Larry

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
Yes I saw it. I'm still highest bidder. No feed back and the only place they have bid is there. So I thought the same thing when it happened.

Larry
That really bites!
If you win, I'd give the seller some serious shit about that, and report him (not that it does any good) it's fun to vent to ebay, cuss'm real good :evil:

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
This sucks. Was playing CDs this morning. Left and came back and now it says no disc. It doesn't recognize any disc.

Any ideas?

Larry
Open her up and see if the mechanism moves to read the disc, if so, does it retreat back after a sec?

Clean the lens with windex on a q-tip

Worse case, the laser is shot :cry: that's not a good thing. Unless Mark has a spare.....

speakerman1

Tagline
I found a direct replacement on ebay for 18.00. It even quit spinning now. So when it gets here I will swap out the whole mechanism. I hope it just bolts in and I don't have to adjust. Has anyone ever changed a transport? The spindle motor isn't running. So I have to find the part number.

Larry

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
I found a direct replacement on ebay for 18.00. It even quit spinning now. So when it gets here I will swap out the whole mechanism. I hope it just bolts in and I don't have to adjust. Has anyone ever changed a transport? The spindle motor isn't running. So I have to find the part number.

Larry
Larry, PM MacGuyver over at ST, he's swapped out lot's of transports and lasers.

Good luck!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Who do I ship the AA Stuff too? I have a tube DAC on the way and an looking at a Tube CD player and a new set of tubes for the tube amp, so I won't need these units anymore. :p

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Well for now, I just bought a Chinese tube Dac/preamp off ebay. It is a clone of the one GF is selling for 2/3rds of their price. I haven't bought a CD player yet still doing some research into them. As far as tubes I will probably get a quad set of Mullard reissues for about $75 or so.

speakerman1

Tagline
Web Police said:
Well for now, I just bought a Chinese tube Dac/preamp off ebay. It is a clone of the one GF is selling for 2/3rds of their price. I haven't bought a CD player yet still doing some research into them. As far as tubes I will probably get a quad set of Mullard reissues for about $75 or so.
Little secret GF is the clone. Where do you think theirs come from. Never mention me if you ever talk to them. We don't see eye to eye on business practices. Really we can't stand each other.

Larry