Anything But Regular Joe (Black) Vinyl..

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
This one has been posted before by someone else - IIRC -
but here's my copy of 'Pop Revolution'.

The music is meh, but this has to be my favorite non-Joe-regular disc.

IMG_0670.jpg IMG_0669.jpg IMG_0674.jpg

Last edited:

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I like the tag "glowie"! Never seen one of those before.
Just one more and I'll quit (unless I find another wild one). Another "glowie".

1978, Rhino Records. The Temple City Kazoo Orchestra Some Kazoos. 45rpm EP. Whole lotsa writing in the deadwax!
Under normal light the record is transparent green with white and brown pollution. I bought it for the novelty- the music is also pollution, but had to hear "Whole Lotta Love" played on the kazoo!

MarkWComer

Tagline
Mark's DEVO collection

I love DEVO! Quirky, weird, offbeat, strange and outcast... Pretty much describes me!

From eBay:
1978- Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! Canadian pressing on gray splatter vinyl.

Reissues from ClubDevo.com:
1980- Freedom Of Choice. Red Vinyl. This disc: 2009.
1981- New Traditionalists. Transparent Vinyl. This disc: 2010. (Note: Black vinyl pressing sounds just a bit sharper and more detailed).

New vinyl (Also from ClubDevo):
2010- Something For Everybody. Blue vinyl. This disc: 2010. Included was a polycarbonate 16-bit representation of the music on the LP (umm.. it came with a CD!).

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Probably should go into the listening thread, but, I think Tony will like this one.

Currently listening to,

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud 2x blue vinyl.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
It's blue bruh. Hell ya it belongs in this thread ! ! !

I likey, I likey :happy2:

I also like the color contrast between the disc and your Orto ...

Probably should go into the listening thread, but, I think Tony will like this one.

Currently listening to,

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud 2x blue vinyl.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
The whole kit and kaboodle.

The original inner sleeve on the right might be sideways. Not sure.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Glad to see you going head-long into the Devin zone Ben. :razz:

The dude has some amazing work ...

MarkWComer

Tagline
RCA Red Seal from 1978. Eugene Ormandy / Philadelphia Orchestra.
Side 1: Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf" narrated by David Bowie.
Side 2: Britten's "Young People's Guide to the Orchestra" (Nasty scratch on side 2, otherwise E condition.)

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Cool to see some older vinyl Mark.

To be honest a lot of the things I have posted to this thread are a lot newer. Seems as though a lot of new stuff is coming out on colored vinyl. Which for me, is not a big selling point. I do like the oddities, but at some point, it wont be so odd, anymore.

So with that said. A couple oldies that belonged to the old man.

Synergy - Cords
Moody Blues - Octave

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Does the scratch mess up the playback badly? I think I have the regular version if you just want to listen.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Does the scratch mess up the playback badly? I think I have the regular version if you just want to listen.
The second side sticks about a minute before the end. This isn't the Bowie narrated side, so no great concern. Although this may be considered a "kiddie" record, I still like the music, and I'm a big fan of "The Man Who Sold The World", and was two generations ahead of his time. Nothing like David Bowie!

What I'd really like to get is a version of Peter and the Wolf without the narration.

Cool to see some older vinyl Mark.

To be honest a lot of the things I have posted to this thread are a lot newer. Seems as though a lot of new stuff is coming out on colored vinyl. Which for me, is not a big selling point. I do like the oddities, but at some point, it wont be so odd, anymore.

So with that said. A couple oldies that belonged to the old man.

Synergy - Cords
Moody Blues - Octave
The novelty of "rediscovered" vinyl as a recording medium really doesn't need to have alternate colors to make it sell in my opinion, but this is probably the reason they do it. I'm all about the oddities- and will buy a record based on weirdness alone even if the music is repulsive. Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music comes to mind as the biggest waste of vinyl ever produced, reading the critic's reviews just makes me laugh- some say it's genius, others recognize that it's pure sewage in a groove and aren't afraid to say so. It's in my collection as an example of a genre I call "FecalPhonic".

Love your Synergy and Moody Blues, BTW...

Last edited:

MarkWComer

Tagline
DJM Records DJE 29001, Original recordings 1973, but I don't know if this is the year of this album's release. British pressing, no UPC code on the cover.
Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. "Strawberry" and "yellow limited edition" in deadwax of all four sides, so lacquers were cut especially for this pressing.
Vinyl quality is E++ (it's sometimes difficult to judge with colors, but playback is nearly dead silent between tracks, and no objectionable pops).

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
To go along with Mark's Temple City Kazoo Orchestra, this is another 1978 Rhino release of The Ravers. I had the Temple City also but it was the original black vinyl version

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I know this thread is not for black vinyl, but I want to share some not-so-regular black vinyl. I was at an estate sale the other day, in the basement looking through a bin of LP's. I saw, unopened in the original wrapper, the Split Enz's True Colours. The playing surface is laser etched with geometric designs and the name of the band. It shows up best in reflected light as the LP is spinning, but the camera did not catch it well. Here's what I got so far:

Attachments

BlazeES

Tagline
---
If it ain't "run-of-the-mill" vinyl, it belongs. :p

Very cool !

I know this thread is not for black vinyl, but I want to share some not-so-regular black vinyl. I was at an estate sale the other day, in the basement looking through a bin of LP's. I saw, unopened in the original wrapper, the Split Enz's True Colours. The playing surface is laser etched with geometric designs and the name of the band. It shows up best in reflected light as the LP is spinning, but the camera did not catch it well. Here's what I got so far:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Newest addition, long awaited pre order, nice package. 3 sided set.

Many months over due, but glad to finally have it none the less.