Anything But Regular Joe (Black) Vinyl..

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
... catching up on Record Store Day 2015 scores.

No introduction necessary!

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

This is the one of the sweetest colored vinyl pressing I've ever owned.
Dead flat and super clean grooves. Right up there with my Marley disc.
It came with a CD of all the tracks too ... nice bonus.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thanks Lee.

That table is celebrating it's 30th anniversary in my possession.
Never sounded as good as it does now with that AT 150MLX cartridge.
If I had my DP 1500 still this year would have been its 40th....

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Thanks Lee.

That table is celebrating it's 30th anniversary in my possession.
Never sounded as good as it does now with that AT 150MLX cartridge.
That's going to be my next purchase once the 440MLa has worn out, maybe sooner. Great cart the 150MLX

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Ordering one myself......
The Hoffman forums have great discussions about this cart.
From there you will find a righteous link reference to a fairly thorough - sometimes overly wordy - review at dagogo.com
The best takeaway I found is ... best suited for a mid-mass tone arm and matched head shell. Don't be afraid to
do a bunch of A/B tests with familiar sibilant inner track sources and repeated realignments to get it dialed in just right.
It's worth it.

I personally find that the 150 sounds massively more natural than the 440,
and I ran with the 440 for some 10 years and loved it. The bass reproduction
on my Denon is kick ass now.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Nice looking records Doug. I will have to dig through what I have. I know I have several hundred colored/splatter lps

I like the Western ones, I am a huge fan of spaghetti westerns with Angel Eyes and Clint

Nick Danger

Nice looking records Doug. I will have to dig through what I have. I know I have several hundred colored/splatter lps

I like the Western ones, I am a huge fan of spaghetti westerns with Angel Eyes and Clint
Cheers! Love to see what you're sittin' on at your crib, Ron. I have become a sucker for anything Ennio Morricone has put out- not good as the guy was crazy- prolific. Running out of room quickly.

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
I personally find that the 150 sounds massively more natural than the 440, and I ran with the 440 for some 10 years and loved it. The bass reproduction on my Denon is kick ass now.
I have just "tamed" my 440. Bought some resistors, plugs and made them up. Using a Y adapter, phono source plugs into one, the resistor plugs into the other then into the phono stage. I have gone from 47k to 24k load and wow what a difference. The brightness isn't breaking windows (or my ears) anymore, I can also listen a much higher volumes because of that. Happy days =). I was constantly turning the treble down but when reaching around 8 oclock on the dial it was affecting overall sound quality, now I can listen flat the majority of the time, the bass is also tighter (or more noticeable) than before.

I'll make a thread called "Changing cartridge loading" and post more info in there.